glenfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationLeeton, NSW Australia

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:17 PM

Hi Folks,

On 11th May I took delivery of my dedicated Flight Sim computer which has an Asus Sabertooth Z87 motherboard fitted with an intel 4770k processor, currently not overclocked.  The CPU is water cooled with a Corsair H100i unit. 

On 27th May I booted the unit up for the first time to have a look see at the workings and what ancillary software was installed.  I found that an Asus product, AI Suite III, had been installed on the machine to monitor the speed of all of the fans as well as being able to monitor the temperature of components at various points.  This software came as part of the files associated with the motherboard installation disk. 

Since that initial boot-up I have had a well known error pop as follows; AiSuite - Server execution failed, Prog ID: AsusFanControlService.FanControlManager.  Once this message appeared I then lost all other ability to monitor fan speeds and temperature control of my PC ie any icons simply went off screen.  Having viewed many forums to find a solution and tried various reinstalls, including fresh updated versions from the Asus website, rather than reinstalling from the supplied disk, and performing many registry cleans, I have concluded that there is no fix for the problem which appears to have started in earlier versions of the AI Suite software.  As part of the reinstall processes I was also very selective in what components of the software should be installed but the error message continually appeared. 

In addition, without any warning an additional error message last evening of Dipaway- Server execution failed, Prog ID: AsusFanControlService.FanControlManager  also appeared.  Having looked at the web for details of this additional error message it appears to be linked with the AI Suite software, also prevalent for sometime as well and nobody has been able to determine if it is a legitimate error message or the Dipaway.exe file is a virus of some description.

After some frustration for over a week in trying to solve this issue and wanting to install my flight sim software I have removed the AI Suite and I am currently running the Corsair Link software associated with the water cooling system.  Although it appears to be nice, it doesn't appear to be as complete as the Asus software.

Having viewed another PC Aviator Forum topic "Flight Simulation Dedicated Virtual Systems" a there are a number of Flight Simmers who have listed various types of Asus Motherboards as part of their builds.

I have a number of questions which somebody may be able to assist with an answer:-

1.  Has anybody successfully installed the AI Suite III software whereby the error messages no longer appear?; or

2.  Has anybody, including those Simmers not using Asus equipment,  installed alternative software and or components to successfully monitor the speed of various installed fans, with the ability to manually or automatically adjust the fan speed and also been able to monitor the temperature of various components  which I am of the opinion needs to be done if various parts of their computer are overclocked to overcome the additional "Need for Speed" heat being generated?

Hoping somebody may be able to help and apologies for such a long posting.

Regards

Glenn 

#2 CaptAus

CaptAus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:22 PM

Hi Glenn

I can't address your specific questions, but If am am to assume correctly that the Asus AI Suite III product was a part of the build by your computer supplier, then it should be covered under warranty and that you should return the computer to them ASAP. Fiddling around with the system may make your warranty null and void, so be ware.  Good luck with the fix.

Greg

Intel Core i7 2600K OC 5.8GHz, Quad core, 8GB RAM, EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti, Seagate 1TB Barracuda 7200.12, SATA III, Windows 7 64bit, 2 x 22" monitors.

Greg Whiley (CaptAus)
Founder
Aussie Star Flight Simulation
www.aussiestarhops.com
admin@aussiestarhops.com

#3 glenfer

glenfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:34 PM

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your thoughts.

The problem is not with the builder but with the AI Suite III software itself.  There are many forums where others are having or have had the 2 problems I have raised.  In reading the forums discussing this problem, others have mentioned that after contacting Asus they have not been able to provide a solution.  As was the case with me and with others, the problem "jumps out " at any unsuspecting time. Apparently this software problem has been known for some time, even back with the earlier version AI Suite II.

As I have mentioned in my initial posting there are a number of PC Aviator Forum members who have Asus motherboards and or other Asus components and my query is to find out if they have experienced the same problem after installing the same monitoring software and if so how did they resolve the problem?

Regards

Glenn

#4 dogtrack

dogtrack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNear EGCC

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:35 PM

Have the same hardware  myself and run AI Suite without any problem on W7 64. The board came with BIOS(UEFI) version 1007. Have udated it to the latest version 1901. Have had no problems either before or after the update.

Perhaps the crux of the problem is with your OS rather than the ASUS software.

Arnie.       ...if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

#5 glenfer

glenfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:23 PM

Hi "dogtrack",

Thank you for your concern.

My apologies for using your forum login name.  I couldn't find any other name to use.

The OS I use is win 7 Home edition 64 bit. Others who have experienced the same problem also use the same OS.

There has been some suggestions that the fault is linked with any upgrade of AVG PC Tools, however, there was one "victim" who doesn't have this software installed.

There has been others who thought it may be due to a conflict with Java.  No firm decision on an outcome to that suggestion.

Regards

Glenn 

#6 dogtrack

dogtrack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNear EGCC

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:24 AM

Both my Java and Flash are fully up to date. As are my Windows Update updates.

With regard to AV software...this can cause problems if left on during installation...I use MS Essentials myself. Not everyone's choice, I know. But it works for me.

Might be worth uninstalling. Then copy the install file from your disc to your HDD. Right click the Executive and select Run As Administrator. Having rebooted after the uninstall of course and again after the reinstall....just a thought.

#7 Dean (PC Aviator)

Dean (PC Aviator)

Administrator, PC Aviator Manager

• Administrators
  • 2,641 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:02 AM

Can't help directly as I have not used the software or ASUS board (well I did have a few ASUS boards years ago, and all of them developed one problem or another - so i havent been back!). Nonetheless, what features does this software provide that you want to use it for sepcifically? Is there anything that your standard BIOS system cannot provide or control for you?

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

Manager - PC Aviator Australia
The Flight Simulation Company!
Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories
We ship worldwide with FAST dispatch!
Online Store: http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store
[Facebook] [Twitter] [Blog] [Scoop.it] [YouTube] [Google+]

#8 glenfer

glenfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:19 AM

Hi dogtrack,

Thank you for your possible solution.

All software was and is up to date including Win7.

Disconnected my PC from the internet and disabled AVG software.

I tried your solution of copying from the installation CD to my HDD and then  installed the software, V1.00.51, as Administrator, which necessitated several reboots as well as doing Registry Cleans when prompted.  Within 30 seconds of the ultimate appearance of the desktop after the final reboot, the AI Suite III error message, as detailed in my original forum posting, appeared.  Within 2 minutes the Dipaway Mode error appeared.

I then uninstalled this version and completeing a Registry clean and physically checking for any files not cleaned out (removed) and then installed the latest previously downloaded version, V1.00.56< using the same methodology.  The only difference was that the Dipaway Mode  error message appeared within 30 seconds and the AI Suite III error message appeared about two minutes later.

AVG software and internet connections were then reconnected and reactivated.

At this stage I have now uninstalled the AI Suite III software altogether.

Any advice on alternative monitoring software as mentioned in my query No 2 in my original posting?

Regards

Glenn

#9 glenfer

glenfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:36 AM

Hi Dean,

Thank you for your query.

The BIOS arrangement has limited monitoring of temps and fan speeds.

The subject software not only gives easier access to the items being monitored but also allows additional items to be monitored as well, including the motherboard and the graphics card.

Why do I see the need for the software or an equivalent package?

Where I live is very hot during the summer.  Temperatures last year were in the range of mid 30s through to mid 40s, for weeks on end with very low humidity.  For a few days the temps touched 50 degree C.  Typical and ideal rice growing country.  Despite having evaporative cooling, inside temperatures are still very high and my concern is that if I flight sim during the day when the temps are high, I want to make sure that the system is operating within reasonable temperatures.  I suppose I am paranoid about "cooking" the CPU.

Hope this answers your query.

Regards

Glenn 

#10 dogtrack

dogtrack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNear EGCC

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:33 PM

A very handy free utility that sits in your notification area when activated, so you can see at a glance your CPU core temps :-

www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp   works fine on W7 64 and with Haswell and Z87 boards too.

#11 glenfer

glenfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:05 AM

Hi Dogtrack,

Thank you for the link.

The software has now been installed and running.  The test will be when "flying" during summer when the outside temperatures reach the 40s and the evaporative cooler is working flat out unlike present temps that are predicted to remain in the single digits.

Apologies for the delay in responding.

Glenn

#12 Dean (PC Aviator)

Dean (PC Aviator)

• Administrators
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:45 AM

Glenn,

Your water cooler should do the job keeping everything cool in Summer. I've run very hot CPUs in Summer here in Brisbane in the past with no air-con in the room and got those temps way up to the auto-system-shutdown mark and the PC has switched itself off. Then I got a basic water cooler and it has brought those temps right down, even in the middle of summer (this was after I overclocked the CPU from 2.6 to 3.7Ghz as well).

Of course, most all CPUs now will have a mechanism to slow themselves down when the CPU temp reaches a certain point, to avoid overheating and destroying itself.

But there is nothing like running FSX to heat up your CPU - it will likely run the hottest during a FSX session.

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

#13 glenfer

glenfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:57 PM

Hi Dean,

Thank you for your concern and comments.

Regards

Glenn

#14 Dean (PC Aviator)

Dean (PC Aviator)

• Administrators
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:29 AM

Glenn,

No problem. Keep us updated on your progress (hopefully all moving forward and not backward!).

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users