3 replies to this topic

#1 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:39 PM

Sometimes when I finish installing new scenery/airports programs (more frequently Orbx ones), up comes a Windows message reading that the program "may not have installed properly" and recommending that I "reinstall using recommended settings".

I press that option and the program then goes through a shorter version of the installation process.

I am using Windows 7 but I recall it happening a couple of years ago when I was using Windows XP.

Does anyone else get such a message?

Need the reinstall option be followed?

#2 Gibbo

Gibbo

Forum Statistician

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationAdelaide

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:07 PM

Hi Gary,

I also get the same Windows 7 message as you're seeing every time I install new software. Down the bottom of the message there

is also an option that says something like 'This software installed successfully'. I always just click on that because when the new software has been successfully installed the installer itself always finishes with a message saying the installation has been successful. So this additional message from Windows would appear to be surplus to requirements.  

Cheers,

Gibbo

"Too much flight simming is barely enough"

#3 Dean (PC Aviator)

Dean (PC Aviator)

Administrator, PC Aviator Manager

• Administrators
  • 2,641 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:20 AM

I've never used that re-install button. Always just ignored that message. If there was a problem with the installation that I discovered subsequently, I would always just manually runt he installer again, but the message is just another over-protective Windows feature it seems :P

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

Manager - PC Aviator Australia
The Flight Simulation Company!
Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories
We ship worldwide with FAST dispatch!
Online Store: http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store
[Facebook] [Twitter] [Blog] [Scoop.it] [YouTube] [Google+]

#4 CaptAus

CaptAus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:56 PM

From memory, my take on this is if the message is green or has a tick next to it, that's the message you have to take note of.  I think I have only ever had 'This software has installed successfully'.  Basically I ignore it.

Greg

Intel Core i7 2600K OC 5.8GHz, Quad core, 8GB RAM, EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti, Seagate 1TB Barracuda 7200.12, SATA III, Windows 7 64bit, 2 x 22" monitors.

Greg Whiley (CaptAus)
Founder
Aussie Star Flight Simulation
www.aussiestarhops.com
admin@aussiestarhops.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users