6 replies to this topic

#1 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:08 PM

Is it possible for an airport which has been installed to disappear from the computer?

Today, having read about the update to Aerosoft's Bologna X, I went to check on my computer as to which version I have.

I could not find it anywhere. It is not in the Aerosoft Launcher or under Aerosoft or anything else in All Programs or on my FSX Drive:E (whether under Aerosoft, Add-on Scenery or Scenery).

The only things which save me from thinking that I may have had a 69 year old's "senior's moment" in thinking I installed it are that I used it and then commented on it in New Releases, I made my usual pencil notations of "D" and "I" on the email from PCA giving me the serial key (which I do after I download and install respectively) and I have a printed set of plates for the airport from SimPlates X Ultra (which I download and print after installing an airport).

The other two airports which I installed at the same time (one by Sim720 and the other by FSDT) are there.

If it has disappeared and as there is no sign of an uninstall program for it, am I safe in simply re-installing it?

#2 Dean (PC Aviator)

Dean (PC Aviator)

Administrator, PC Aviator Manager

• Administrators
  • 2,641 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:21 PM

Weird!

Is there an entry in your Scenery Library list?. If so, you could determine the location of the files by choosing the "Edit Area" button and that would show you.

If not... hmm something went funny there. Myself, i would attempt just to re-install if nothing showing in the Scenery library.

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

Manager - PC Aviator Australia
The Flight Simulation Company!
Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories
We ship worldwide with FAST dispatch!
Online Store: http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store
[Facebook] [Twitter] [Blog] [Scoop.it] [YouTube] [Google+]

#3 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:03 PM

Thanks for that.

Did that exercise and Bologna X was in fifth place in the Scenery Library. The Edit Area tab took me to MS Studios.

This is an Aerosoft product and the manual in the MK Studios folder is plastered with Aerosoft logos.

As to why it is not in the Aerosoft Launcher and under Aerosoft, beats me - but I now realise that the same applies to  Aerosoft (Fly Tampa) Hong Kong (which is not even listed under Fly Tampa).

It will be interesting to see if the scenario about Bologna repeats itself when I uninstall the current version and download and install the new V1.01.

#4 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:19 PM

Got the same result when I downloaded and installed the new V1.01 today.

That led me to look at the contents of my Aerosoft Launcher in more detail.

I now realise that in addition to Bologna and Hong Kong not being there, Boston, Brussels and Hawaii Dillingham are also not there.

The Aerosoft Launcher Help page tells me that the Launcher "gives an overview of all Aerosoft products installed on your computer". It appears not to do that in my case.

I would be interested to see if any other Forum members notice a discrepancy between their installed Aerosoft products and what appears in the Launcher.

#5 Dean (PC Aviator)

Dean (PC Aviator)

• Administrators
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:28 PM

Gary,

Are you seeing that actual scenery still in FSX though when you load up at that airport? If so, I probably wouldn't worry too much. If you scenery in FSX had disappeared too then I'd be a little concerned :P

Although yes, perhaps there is some reason certain titles don't appear in the Aerosoft Launcher. Perhaps some bypass that for whatever reason (who really knows!)

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

#6 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:51 PM

The actual scenery is there in all cases.

A couple of days ago, I was checking through the Launcher to see if there were updates messages, update the product information and if some recent Aerosoft purchases which PCA Aust does not sell were there (some were, some were not).

Oslo v2.0 was in the Launcher list but disappeared from the list when I went on to the product which had been listed under it. It is still shown under Aerosoft in All Programs.

#7 Dean (PC Aviator)

Dean (PC Aviator)

• Administrators
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:20 AM

Gary,

Not sure what is going on there. Maybe a bug or something in the Aerosoft Launcher. I don;t know enough about it (i.e. how it is coded) to offer any further advice on that sorry.

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users