CaptAus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:52 PM

In memorium

The shooting down of MH17 with the tragic loss of life of all on board is yet another blow for Malaysian Airlines and the family and friends of those who perished.  As a means of reaching out to them and reflecting on what it means to people who have lost their loved ones in such unexpected and senseless circumstances, a memorial flight is offered.  The outpouring of grief and loss by family and friends of victims is patently obvious through what we have witnessed on television.  As aviation simulation enthusiasts we are also mindful of the impact this incident has had on the Malaysian Airlines community, especially so close to the mysterious loss of MH370. I’d like to think that  dedicated flight sim hobbyists share a con- fraternity with real world airlines, air forces and their flight crews.

The flight
This activity, then, is a recreation of the flights that have taken place from Osnova Airport in Kharkiv, Ukraine, to Eindhoven AFB in The Netherlands, transporting the 270 coffins in the “Bring Them Home” operation.  Australia has had a role to play in the provision of an RAAF C-17 Globemaster.  The flight plan provided replicates a KOVAGI IJ SID from Runway 25 out of Osnova and a RUMER IE east arrival STAR approach to Runway 22 at Eindhoven.  If you have a C-17 aircraft in your hangar it will make the simulation even more realistic.  A standard MS Flight Simulator Flight Plan with parameters based on a C-17,  including FMC waypoint entries accompanies this article.

You are invited to enter into this activity as a respectful and reflective exercise, rather than one of entertainment as you might normally.  May they rest in peace.

The flight plan is available on the Aussie Star website at www.aussiestarhops.com or on the Aussie Star g+ community page.  If I knew how to do it I would have pasted it here.

Greg (CaptAus)

• Dean (PC Aviator) likes this

Intel Core i7 2600K OC 5.8GHz, Quad core, 8GB RAM, EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti, Seagate 1TB Barracuda 7200.12, SATA III, Windows 7 64bit, 2 x 22" monitors.

Greg Whiley (CaptAus)
Founder
Aussie Star Flight Simulation
www.aussiestarhops.com
admin@aussiestarhops.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users