3 replies to this topic

#1 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 10:13 AM

In posts in Off the Beaten Track in the General Flight Simulation Discussion segment of the Forum in December and in Airports - are we shortchanging Asia? in this segment, I mentioned buying airports from small developers and the availability of payware airports in Asia.

Until this week, I was not aware of any payware airport for Beijing, China. I am now aware  of one (and have bought it). Are there any others?

That one was released in the past week. It is Beijing Nanyuan airport (ZBNY) developed by Dazzle Colour Game Co Ltd of Beijing. It appears to be the only airport by that developer. I think that the quality is reasonable but that there are other better quality airports elsewhere for a comparable price. However, if this is their first flight sim product and for them appearing to be first on to the market tacking a Beijing airport, they warrant purchaser support.

In the blurbs, the developer is described as follows:

"DAZZLE COLOUR GAME Co.,ltd.is a new company for landscape production established at Beijing in 2014.
We are mainly work on the game production, film and television production etc.".

I knew nothing about this airport but the blurbs tell me:

"The BEIJING Nanyuan Airport (IATA No.: NAY; ICAO NO.:ZBNY) is located on the Fengtai district in Beijing which is the first airport in Chinese history. So far, the airport is used for military airfield, and just only opened for the CUA (CHINA UNITED AIRLINES). It's also the CUA's basic airport. The Beijing Nanyuan Airport is far away from the Tiananmen Square about 13kms, and has a terminal whose year throughput can reach 120 million.

In 1904,there had an air show at the Nanyuan Parade ground by two small plane from France, this is their first time to take off and land in China as modern time science and technology symbol. In 1910, the Nanyuan airport became the longest time open port in China history.

On Dec., 1948, the Nanyuan airport had been occupied by the People's Liberation Army. On Aug., 1949, the first PLA squadron was founded at the Nanyuan airport, and carried out flight mission successfully on the Founding Ceremony."

This is a view of the airport:

2014-10-30_22-54-11-423_zpsc7e6c096.png

I could not find any charts for this airport (or any Beijing airport) on SimPlates X Ultra or anywhere else. Are there any available? I suspect not. The product manual gives a Table of runways, frequencies etc to assist, adding:

"Because the Nanyuan airport is dual-use port, we can’t obtain real chart, please understand about inaccurate information,"

The other thing of interest is that on the starboard side of the static CUA planes (but not on the tail) the writing is reversed (a mirror image of what is on the other side). How does that happen? See below:

2014-10-30_22-48-6-278_zpsecc0f927.png

#2 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:50 PM

In my post #1 of 17 November 2014 in Pacific Islands Sim's future products in the General Flight Simulation Discussion section of the Forum, I mentioned that Pac Sim had announced Beijing's Capital Airport (ZBAA) as third in lime of its future products.

In post #3 on the same topic, I mentioned that A_A Sceneries were also proposing to do it.

I described those two announcements as a "famine to a feast" exercise.

Things have expanded from there. If there was a feast before, we must now be approaching gluttony because yesterday AirDaily X mentioned that Celestial Team is also doing that Beijing airport. I have two Chinese airports by Celestial Team.

In the same article, AirDaily X mentioned the A_A Sceneries proposal but not the Pac Sim one. AirDaily X also mentioned a much earlier proposal by SkySoft  two of whose Chinese airports I also have but who I had not been aware was proposing Beijing.

Gary.

#3 Dean (PC Aviator)

Dean (PC Aviator)

Administrator, PC Aviator Manager

• Administrators
  • 2,641 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:04 PM

Nice... a touch of information overload. Wondering how many simmers here have ever flown in China? I can recall maybe once or twice at best myself. Perhaps if we had more scenery for the country then that would change.

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

Manager - PC Aviator Australia
The Flight Simulation Company!
Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories
We ship worldwide with FAST dispatch!
Online Store: http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store
[Facebook] [Twitter] [Blog] [Scoop.it] [YouTube] [Google+]

#4 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:48 AM

I am surprised that with the amount of payware (and the significant list of freeware via the link in my post of 23 February 2015 in Freeware offerings) airports which are becoming available for China and surrounds, more people in the Oceania area have not expressed an interest in flight simming using China and its surrounds.

The absence of products providing scenery (as distinct from airports) may be a disadvantage but I am happy enough with using FSX Default scenery for China.

Another downside is the limited extent of airport approach and landing plates etc which are available.

Gary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users