CaptAus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:08 PM

Hi all

I've checked out a number of reviews on the Matrox TripleHead2Go adaptor to run three seamless monitors.  Generally reviews have been positive but I am looking for some good advice.  Has anyone had experience of, or know about, this product?  What's the pros and cons of the DP edition versus the Digital edition?  Is there a need to install additional graphics cards or is this facility built into the system?  Currently I'm running the EVGA GEForce GTX 660 Ti.  What about frame rates?  Any other pitfalls?  It's expensive so I want to be sure before I buy.

Greg

Intel Core i7 2600K OC 5.8GHz, Quad core, 8GB RAM, EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti, Seagate 1TB Barracuda 7200.12, SATA III, Windows 7 64bit, 2 x 22" monitors.

Greg Whiley (CaptAus)
Founder
Aussie Star Flight Simulation
www.aussiestarhops.com
admin@aussiestarhops.com

#2 CaptAus

CaptAus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:31 AM

Hi all,

I have noted the posts in http://pcaviatorforu...esolution-help/

Good to know.

Greg

Intel Core i7 2600K OC 5.8GHz, Quad core, 8GB RAM, EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti, Seagate 1TB Barracuda 7200.12, SATA III, Windows 7 64bit, 2 x 22" monitors.

Greg Whiley (CaptAus)
Founder
www.aussiestarhops.com
admin@aussiestarhops.com

#3 Rono

Rono

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationWolli Creek, NSW,

Posted 11 February 2015 - 04:15 PM

Gooday

Do you need the Matrox? I am operating seamlessly three monitors. without it. Having had Matrox for years. My friendly computer mechanic dispensed with it in an upgrade several moons ago.  They just plug into each other and adjustments made through the video control. To make matters difficult, but the system works anyhow,  I have two BenQ monitors G2200W (digital)  and a Generic Non-PnP Monitor (that is what Devices in Control Panel says) (I bought the wrong one after it 'blew') together with a Radeon AMDHD 7900 series display video control. I run FSX on the highest settings. Find a computer engineer (they like that title) who says s/he is an expert in graphics. Frame rates are not affected. So, I have a Matrox Triple head just waiting for a good home.

Rono

#4 CaptAus

CaptAus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:29 PM

Rono, you've popped my balloon mate  :D .  I was hoping on hoping that all would be hunky dory with Matrox!  But, you provide some valuable advice and something to think about, for which I thank you. (Dean will be saying "O oh"). [Dean I do appreciate you putting this post up front]  But Rono, you have not swayed me yet.  I am in no hurry and am open to all options. However, perhaps  we should be talking dollars.  ;) 

Keep the comments coming guys.

Greg

PS For some reason this post has duplicated and I can't remove it.  Greg

Greg Whiley (CaptAus)
Founder
www.aussiestarhops.com
admin@aussiestarhops.com

#5 CaptAus

CaptAus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:31 PM

Rono, you've popped my balloon mate   :D .  I was hoping on hoping that all would be hunky dory with Matrox!  But, you provide some valuable advice and something to think about, for which I thank you. (Dean will be saying "O oh"). [Dean I do appreciate you putting this post up front]  But Rono, you have not swayed me yet.  I am in no hurry and am open to all options. However, perhaps  we should be talking dollars.   ;) 

Keep the comments coming guys.

Greg

Greg Whiley (CaptAus)
Founder
www.aussiestarhops.com
admin@aussiestarhops.com

#6 Dean (PC Aviator)

Dean (PC Aviator)

Administrator, PC Aviator Manager

• Administrators
  • 2,641 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 15 February 2015 - 10:30 PM

Greg,

Sorry for delay. Been battling some type of viral thing since last Tuesday. Maybe flu (symptoms very similar), but fairly early in season... who knows..

Just a quick reply...

You do not need additional video cards. As long as the card you have has an output that connects to the input of the Matrox box. The Matrox splits a single video out signal from your video card acorss three connected monitors. As such, there is no real change in frame rates. The differences are largely max resolutions between some of the models, but I think the difference between the digital and DP editions is simply the connector type for your three connected monitors. The DP edition needs display port connectors on the monitors/cables (3).

• CaptAus likes this

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

Manager - PC Aviator Australia
The Flight Simulation Company!
Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories
We ship worldwide with FAST dispatch!
Online Store: http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store
[Facebook] [Twitter] [Blog] [Scoop.it] [YouTube] [Google+]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users