No replies to this topic

#1 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:19 PM

I had treated Pacific Island Sims as having a near monopoly when it came to Pacific Ocean islands payware airports.

Aerosoft has carried on a bit of a challenge with its couple of airports.

Those brands are available from PCA Aust and most of their South Pacific airports have been the subject of posts or screenshots by me on this Forum..

Orbx joined the challenge with its Port Moresby airport in PNG. It is continuing it by announcing a forthcoming airports and islands scenery for American Samoa and Western Samoa.The downside is that Orbx continues to sell its downloads through only one retailer. The upside is that this product appears to move away from the approach taken with other non-region products which have suggested that Orbx Global is a prerequisite (I have tried them with FSX Default scenery and the result has been satisfactory to me). In the Orbx staff member/developer's post, he says of the part of the coverage area constituted by the islands of Western Samoa "(while not required this part of the project was designed to work best with the FTXGlobal basepack)" - a welcome relaxation, as I feel that the emphatic nature of the previously used prerequisite statements may have unnecessarily deterred purchasers who did not have Global (I was initially put-off from buying Port Moresby and also downloading Global Freeware airports until I realised that I was "jumping at shadows" with my reluctance/uncertainty).

Are there any other developers (apart from Nxgn Simulations) who produce payware airports for the South Pacific?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users