3 replies to this topic

#1 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:50 PM

As I have mentioned in some earlier posts, I came back to flight simming in early 2012 after a 14 year absence and was immediately buoyed by what I bought and could buy from PCA Aust.

Flight simming had changed much in those 14 years.

Recently, I was thinking about what I saw then and what I anticipate now as the game changers for me in flight simmimg.

For me, some of the things which had, by then, occurred and which created a new dimension for me were FSX, Orbx scenery and airports and PMDG's 737NGX, all of which I bought from PCA Aust.

Subsequently, there was photoreal scenery at an affordable price via MSE2 (which I bought in a limited and selective way but also via PCA Aust).

I suspect that one of the things to be added to my list will be the forthcoming Fly Tampa's Sydney if the finished product looks like what is in the performance video on YouTube which I was alerted to by AirDailyX News in recent days - see:https://www.youtube....h?v=Im66aHgMAz4

What do others see as the flight sim game changers for them?  I am sure there are plenty of such products which I have not thought of or which I have never experienced (like Rex-related products?).

Gary

#2 m0dpsych

m0dpsych

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:41 PM

Hi Gary,

For me , it isn't only the quality of products ie ORBX, PMDG (don't own any) Aerosoft, Wilco Publishing, Carenado and Just Flight to name a few, it is also the quantity of products available. If you look at the PCA website, just comparing boxed and downloads for FS2004 and FSX Boxed products are FS2004 157 FSX 296 and Downloads 483 and 1260 respectively.

It is hard to believe that in a few short years between FS2004 and FSX you have aircraft where you can program the FMC, which you couldn't do in 2004. Even the quality/quantity of airports are getting better in FSX thanks to ORBX. I wonder what the future holds?

Qld Gary

I'm from the Government and I'm here to help!!!!

#3 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 09:42 PM

In my post #1, I mentioned, in passing, Rex products. About three years ago, I bought Rex but I found the installation and instructions too complicated and I gave up on it and never used it.

I have been going along content to use FSX Default weather.

A couple of weeks ago, I came across products at a reduced price which tempted be to try again.

Active Sky Next at AUD $28 and Rex 4 Texture Direct Plus Soft Clouds at AUD $25 was a combination which I could not resist trying. You can't afford not to buy them at that price!

At present, I have used Rex 4 Plus Soft Clouds to do no more than supply weather textures for ASN. I have not used the other texture options. However, the exercise has certainly been a game changer and left me wondering why I persisted with FSX Default weather for so long.

The two products cannot be bought for a total of AUD $53 any longer, the current retail total price being AUD $117 - see   http://www.pcaviator...ge=0&featured=Y      and     http://www.pcaviator...37&cat=0&page=1

Gary

#4 Dean (PC Aviator)

Dean (PC Aviator)

Administrator, PC Aviator Manager

• Administrators
  • 2,644 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:37 PM

Gary,

Yes a lot of customers are matching Active Sky NEXT with REX Textures (either Soft Clouds or REX Texture Direct HD) and using that combination with great results. The Active Sky NEXT textures are not as good as the REX ones in my opinion, however, the weather generation engine in Active Sky NEXT is superior to REX, in my opinion again.

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

Manager - PC Aviator Australia
The Flight Simulation Company!
Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories
We ship worldwide with FAST dispatch!
Online Store: http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store
[Facebook] [Twitter] [Blog] [Scoop.it] [YouTube] [Google+]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users