1 reply to this topic

#1 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:56 AM

My posts in Flying Ikea at http://pcaviatorforu...31-flying-ikea/  showed screenshots of Ikea stores near major airports in flight sim products.

Two of those, Belfast and Sydney, had "Ikea" painted on the roof.

As there had been no indication (in response to my posts in the past month) that PCA Aust is to stock Drzewiecki Design's Chopin Warsaw Poland, I bought it elsewhere.

At the airport (both in the DD version and in real life), there is a hanger with "Lot" painted on the roof, shown below in close up and then from further away (to provide context):

2015-8-5_20-44-5-893_zpsa68dkfvg.png

2015-8-5_20-43-51-159_zpsow7ptbzh.png

2015-8-5_20-43-37-700_zpszdc7x3pd.png

Are there any other buildings at or in the vicinity of flight sim airports which have large signs painted on their roof?

Gary

#2 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 08:03 AM

One other roof sign  which I was reminded of last night when trying out my newly acquired Active Sky Next in a flight between Sydney and Melbourne is something which is easily seen in real life and when using the SimTouch Plus 2 moving aerial photo map but does not appear in the Orbx Australia or Melbourne Intl sceneries are the signs on the roofs of three of the barns at the Inglis Thoroughbred Horse Sales complex in Oaklands Road, Oaklands Junction, about 3kms north of the airport (and with only farmland-type properties in between).

It is on the immediate left of the aircraft when landing on Rwy 16 at Melbourne.

The westernmost group/line of three barns has "Inlis Horse Sales" painted on the roofs, with one word on each roof and painted so that the words face west, ie to be able to be easily read from aircraft landing via RWY 16 or taking off via Rwy 34.

Gary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users