5 replies to this topic

#1 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:43 PM

The Aeroplane Heaven B-17 Flying Fortress is available at PCA Aust: http://www.pcaviator...ge=0&featured=Y

There was an August update for it - see http://pcaviatorforu...ates/#entry5193

I notice on the Just Flight excellent Update facility on its website that there was a further update on 10 September 2015 which necessitates the earlier version being uninstalled and this new version being installed. The update is said to be cumulative and so includes changes contained in the August update.

Part of the explanation about the update on the JF website (I can't find any details of the update on the Aeroplane Heaven website) is:

"What is new in this update?

·   Many small improvements to the models

·   New configuration panel to allow extra range fuel tanks to be employed

·   Special manual start "one-click" set-up facility

·   Revisions to instrumentation and more

The following fixes from the previous update (August 2015) are also included in this latest version.

·   New B-17F-30 model and new liveries (“The 8 Ball”, “Black Jack”, "Birmingham Blitzkrieg” and “Wulf Hund”)

·   New high-definition 'wear' textures - improved textures with 'war weary' effects and shading for added realism

·   New dimensional propellers - special blurred propeller textures to add 'body' to side view

·   Additional firing waist guns - waist gunners can now be configured to fire their .50 caliber guns

·   Bomb reload facility - additional feature added to the configuration panel which reloads bombs once back at base without having to reload the flight

·   Numerous improvements to exterior/interior models - improved functionality on many of the cockpit controls, bugs fixed

·   Improved paint kit and revised owners manual"

Is this new version the one currently available on the PCA Aust website so that existing owners can update and new purchasers can buy the most current version?

Gary

#2 Dean (PC Aviator)

Dean (PC Aviator)

Administrator, PC Aviator Manager

• Administrators
  • 2,641 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:10 PM

Gary,

Yes we have the latest Version 1.2 as of September 2015 ready to go on the servers. Existing customers can update by redownloading from their provided download links when they originally purchased. This is a Free update of course.

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

Manager - PC Aviator Australia
The Flight Simulation Company!
Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories
We ship worldwide with FAST dispatch!
Online Store: http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store
[Facebook] [Twitter] [Blog] [Scoop.it] [YouTube] [Google+]

#3 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 07:05 PM

I finally got around today to do the exercise of updating my installed version of the B-17.

I downloaded v1.2 from PCA Aust and then, preparatory to installing it, I set about uninstalling the existing installed version (as per the instructions on the JF website). Firstly, I tried the uninstall facility within the product. That did not work at all. Then, consistent with what is in the manual, I tried the uninstall via Control Panel then Programs and Features and then the Uninstall button in Windows 7. That did not work either. However, when I pushed the uninstall button again, up came a message telling me the program had not finished doing its task. I waited a half hour without any result.

I have had to defer installing the new version until I can excise the old version. Has anyone experienced a similar problem when updating this product? If so, how did you get around it.

Today was my updating day. I had to do the uninstall old/install new exercise with about 4 products via downloads from JF today and all of those went without a hitch.

Gary

#4 Dean (PC Aviator)

Dean (PC Aviator)

• Administrators
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 12:27 PM

Gary,

You could just manually delete the B17 folder in the /SimObjects/Aircraft subfolder and that should pretty much achieve the same result, then just install the newer version. If any other files in other folders used by the aircraft are the same filename, it might ask you whether to overwrite those, and of course, you would respond yes so the later versions of those files are copied over.

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

#5 Dean (PC Aviator)

Dean (PC Aviator)

• Administrators
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 12:37 PM

Gary,

Actually, hold off on installing v1.2, because we just got the download link for v1.3 which I am accessing now and adding to the file server, so best to wait and get v1.3 when I have it uploaded later today.

Dean

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

#6 Dean (PC Aviator)

Dean (PC Aviator)

• Administrators
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:27 PM

V1.3 ready to go. Use original download link.

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users