Dean (PC Aviator)

Administrator, PC Aviator Manager

• Administrators
  • 2,641 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 29 September 2015 - 12:15 PM

Announcing The NEW MegaSceneryEarth 4X

4X Means 4 Times The Resolution Of Version 2.0

You'll soon be flying a photoreal world with complete states and complete countries at 50 cm per pixel throughout in FSX, FSX:STEAM and PREPAR3D.

We've got the greatest news that users of Microsoft Flight Simulator X and derivative simulators, FSX: Steam Edition and Prepar3D, have heard in a long time.... MegaSceneryEarth just got 4 times better! That's 4 times clearer, 4 times crisper and 4 times more realistic than ever before with the new MegaSceneryEarth 4X series of photo-scenery. It's now going to be Ultra-Res - everywhere you fly!

When we launched MegaSceneryEarth 2.0 back in 2012, we weren't even aware of the mammoth project it was going to be but mammoth it was as we produced over 4.5 million square miles of photoscenery created from aerial photography. We were rolling titles out at a rapid rate of around 1 major area every 10 days with dozens of computers processing terabytes of aerial photo data into a scenery format ready to be used and flown over with Microsoft Flight Simulator X. We completed the entire USA lower 48 as well as a dozen or so European countries all at 1 meter per pixel resolution. At that time we had to settle for and deliver our users 1 meter per pixel scenery. There was a number of factors to consider: 1. End users' easily acquirable large data storage capabilities 2. Deliverability of the scenery to you the end user via the internet which considered typical broadband speeds and capability of our server infrastructure 3. End user's computer performance and 4. Availability of high quality 50 cm data.

After the major states and some major countries were done at 1 meter per pixel, we decided to increase the resolution with our Ultra Res Cities and Ultra Res National Parks series. These Ultra-Res Areas enabled us to give you smaller areas of 50 cm per pixel resolution while we were testing the viability of delivering larger areas all in 50 cm ultra-resolution. In that time larger and faster hard drives, and faster internet connections and faster processors and more RAM had become the norm as technology continues to rapidly progress. So this lead us to this point today where we can now proudly deliver, to you, an ultra-res scenery experience4 times the previous resolution, everywhere you fly in Microsoft Flight Simulator X, FSX: Steam Edition and Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D V1.X and V2.X.

Here's the real sweet point we want to make also.... we've optimized the compression for the fourfold resolution scenery such that you won't be requiring 4 times the disk space. We've managed to optimize such that you will only require double the disk space instead of 4.

The biggest drawback of the 1 meter V2.0 scenery was that it began to blur quite substantially at altitudes below 2,500 feet. Version 4X is a whole different ballgame with scenery remaining clear and crisp and quite satisfactory even down to 500 ft levels. The screenshots below were taken at 1,500 feet AGL near Jacksonville FL.

Just as in the release of the version 2 titles we are going to roll the areas out as fast as we can. We expect to be releasing new US states and countries at a rate of around 1 per 7 to 14 days. Our first US state, MegaSceneryEarth 4X - Florida will be released and available for purchase on 1 October 2015. That's just a little over 10 days away.

Pricing & Upgrades
We're pleased to be able to offer you this 4X resolution scenery without any price increase. 
Version 4X areas will all be priced similarly to the current V2.0 pricing. This means that all states depending upon size will be typically priced at between USD$9.95 and USD$39.95 with the super-massive states such as CA and TX divided into 3 smaller sections.

The good news for ALL owners of version 2.0 areas is that all areas that were previously purchased in version 2.0 will be available at an upgrade price of 50% discount.

As we build 4X titles, we will still make available for sale the current V2.0 titles at 50% discount. When the 4X area becomes available you will also be eligible for an upgrade to the 4X title at 50% discount.

Stay tuned for more information on MegaSceneryEarth 4X as time progresses over the next 2 weeks or so.

We are very excited about this new MegaSceneryEarth 4X and I hope you are just as excited.

Please direct any questions to support@megasceneryearth.com.

Sincerely

Robert Ferraro
President/CEO
PC Aviator Inc/MegaSceneryEarth

4x.gif

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

Manager - PC Aviator Australia
The Flight Simulation Company!
Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories
We ship worldwide with FAST dispatch!
Online Store: http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store
[Facebook] [Twitter] [Blog] [Scoop.it] [YouTube] [Google+]

#2 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 10:48 AM

In the past couple of weeks, there have been two threads on the Photoreal Scenery sub-forum on the Avsim Forum dealing with the new MSE 4X product.

In them, posters have been critical of various aspects.

One aspect is quality, about which some posters have used screenshots to illustrate their comments.

Another aspect is communication, some posters complaining that their communications with persons associated with the US store of PCA and MSE (the posters not specifying that the communications were in relation to this particular product) have met with no response, something consistent with comments which have been historically made by a number of posters in other threads on the Avsim Forum (including there is also currently a third thread in the same sub-forum which does not deal with the 4X product but which also mentions the same type of communication problem).

Lack of responses to communications generally is one thing (I have tended to view communications problems between commercial outlets and customers or between professionals and clients as having the potential to be a PR/relationship "killer") but, in the context of the comments being made on that forum about the product, lack of communication may have the potential to create an extended effect.

Therefore, could someone associated with either store of PCA or with MSE provide a response either here (on the PCA Aust Forum) or on the Avsim Forum dealing with, clarifying and explaining the quality and communication aspects raised by the posters? Whilst I don't have a direct interest in the product (currently, I don't see myself buying it as I understand that it is not much different to the Ultra-Res Cities and I have a number of those and MSE2 States which I bought but never got around to installing), there is a risk that, like what happens sometimes in life and law generally, in the context of complaints about it a continued silence from those associated with the product may be construed by some as an acceptance of the correctness of the complaints. I suspect that those associated with the product would not intend or wish any silence to be so construed.

Gary

#3 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 10:59 AM

As a supplement to my previous post, I notice that last night Chris Bell of Night Environment fame posted on one of the sub-forum threads :

"expect a response from Robert shortly," 

I take that to be a reference to Robert Ferraro (who was mentioned in the threads) but it is unclear to me whether it is referring to a response being posted on that sub-forum or elsewhere or by way of email to one of the posters who had complained about the lack of response on the communication front.

Gary

#4 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 06:00 AM

Early today AEDST (less than seven hours ago), the following post appeared on the Photoreal Scenery sub-forum of Avsim (showing in the post statistics on the post as his first there):

"Hi folks. Robert Ferraro owner at PC Aviator here. Yes we have discovered a technical glitch after the release of Florida and we are working as fast as we can to correct the issue and release a new build. We expect to have a new build in around 3 weeks and all users will be notified and will be able to simply redownload their original purchase. The same issue applies to Massachusetts. We are also holding off releasing any further titles until the issue is corrected and we will resume those releases in several weeks time.

We do apologize for any inconvenience and disappointment caused and we assure you the next release will be up to the standard you expect.

Robert Ferraro"

Gary

#5 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 06:06 PM

For a big fan of MSE4X (at least Florida) see post #22 at: http://www.avsim.com...-2#entry3371980

Envious of his flight sim set-up!

Gary

#6 Dean (PC Aviator)

Dean (PC Aviator)

• Administrators
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:30 PM

I think we all are! I wouldn't have the space for something like that (not until all the kids move out at least).

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

#7 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 07:26 PM

For a good objective discussion and comparison (illustrated by screenshots) of MSE 4X and MSE2 and mostly favourable, see from post #23 onwards at: http://www.avsim.com...-2#entry3378437

Unfortunately for Mike who is one of the posters on that thread (having posted over 2600 posts on the Avsim Forum), the person with the great flight sim referred to in my post #5 above and who sings the praises of Florida 4X and says he wants to buy a lot of 4X scenery, he says that he has not yet been successful in getting registration for the PCA Aust Forum but appears to be itching to be able to post here. 

Gary

#8 Dean (PC Aviator)

Dean (PC Aviator)

• Administrators
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:15 AM

Gary,

I am trying to fix that up for Mike right now. He did register but I think the forum wiped it as it could not deliver the validation emails to the address used. I am trying to manually register an account for him now.

Dean

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users