2 replies to this topic

#1 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:42 PM

In July, LatinVFR released its Key West v2.

On the developer's forum, it was announced that depending on when you bought the previous version, you would get the v2 for free or at a reduced price.

I  only saw that variable price arrangement reflected on one retail site, a European one. I never saw the variable price arrangement on PCA Aust - http://www.pcaviator...28&cat=0&page=1  or on any other retail site. PCA Aust has both versions with about AUD $9 difference in price between the two versions.

Yesterday, version 3 of Miami Intl was released. Again, LatinVFR announced on its forum similar differential price arrangements. I have seen the v3 on one retail site so far, the same European one, and differential prices are being offered there. The version on PCA Aust remains only the earlier v2 - .http://www.pcaviator...00&cat=0&page=1

Having bought my existing versions of both products from PCA Aust and both being the earlier ones, is PCA Aust going to get v3 of Miami Intl?

Also, I wonder what is the relationship between LatinVFR and retailers in so far as differential price announcements by LatinVFR seem to appear in the marketplace confined to a single retailer, rather than being available also via others.

Gary

#2 Dean (PC Aviator)

Dean (PC Aviator)

Administrator, PC Aviator Manager

• Administrators
  • 2,641 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 02 December 2015 - 06:04 PM

Gary,

We will have V3 shortly. Re discounts etc for updates, we usually always offer these, but you will need to contact us to get the special discount code to apply to your order. When we upgrade our web store (hopefully soon) the newer store might have a feature to automate this process and make it a little easier for customers.

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

Manager - PC Aviator Australia
The Flight Simulation Company!
Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories
We ship worldwide with FAST dispatch!
Online Store: http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store
[Facebook] [Twitter] [Blog] [Scoop.it] [YouTube] [Google+]

#3 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:08 PM

Dean

Thanks for the information. Most people would not have been aware of the facility for upgrade discounts and would think (like I did) that somehow there was a disconnect between what was on the LatinVFR forum and what in reality appeared to be only one retailer offering the discount.

Co-incidentally, tonight on the Avsim Forum, there was a post by someone who had a similar belief to me and who said that he had sent two emails to PCA (not saying which store) asking about the upgrade discount but had received no reply. So that he might have the benefit of the same information as you have provided here, I have quoted your response in my post there.

Gary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users