• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bigsky10

bigsky10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:21 AM

I just reinstall my MegaSceneryEarth I purchased of Montana.  I am using REX Essentials + Overdrive to generate weather.  I have an Intel I5 750@2.67GHz, 10 GB of RAM Win 7 Home Premium with 64-bit OP. My Video card is NVIDA GeForce GT 220 with current drivers.

After loading and configuring the scenery when I take off and get close to landing the program shutters, jerks and skips. I have followed the setup to the letter. Even setting the NVIDIA control panel settings. I have changed FSX settings to reflect the scenery settings suggested by MegaScenery.  

I hope someone can give me some pointers.  I purchased the software about a year ago.  After installing it did similar characteristics.  I couldn't get any help even from pcaviator itself.  I uninstalled it and had no problems at all.  It appears the scenery is creating a problem with my machine.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.  I am not sure how to post pictures in here so can show my settings.

Bigsky10

#2 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:35 AM

I can't help you with Montana as it is one of the MSE2 States which I do not have and I have not experienced the issue you have (with the States I have).. However, Dean should be on to it.

As to posting screenshots in this Forum, see http://pcaviatorforu...eenshots-guide/

Gary

#3 bigsky10

bigsky10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 03:01 AM

Thanks Gary.  Not sure what the problem is.  I know I posted to the forum the last time I installed it and did not get a response. It makes the aircraft very difficult to fly when it hesitates and stops when you are on approach.  I uninstalled it last night again until someone comes up with some other suggestions.  Thanks for the post and thanks for the heads up on attaching photos.  I flew last night a bit before I uninstalled it and this time of year Montana has snow all over.  The scenery was if you were flying in summer.

#4 Dean (PC Aviator)

Dean (PC Aviator)

Administrator, PC Aviator Manager

• Administrators
  • 2,644 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 12 January 2016 - 06:21 PM

BigSky10,

If you temporarily disable MegaSceneryEarth and make the same flight, do you get the stutters? The GeForce 220 video card is not really a gaming card. Rather, a display card, and probably way underpowered for MSE, and REX too for that matter. Even FSX might struggle there. Despite what you might think, the MSE scenery actually creates less load on your system than default scenery (because autogen is disabled over MSE textures), so I would be very surprised if it was actually the MSE textures causing the problem. 

If it only happens when coming in to land, this is the time when airport details and ground objects usually load into view, and this may be more likely to cause stuttering. The MSE textures would presumably already be well loaded into memory by this stage.

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

Manager - PC Aviator Australia
The Flight Simulation Company!
Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories
We ship worldwide with FAST dispatch!
Online Store: http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store
[Facebook] [Twitter] [Blog] [Scoop.it] [YouTube] [Google+]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users