• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 christiaan

christiaan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 06:17 AM

I have about eleven FSX MSE sceneries bought since since October last year and in 2015.

All in all together a big buy.

I was never 100% satisfied with some of the scenery textures which seemed in places to be "very watery", or not a fluent overflow from

one scenery into the next, which you only realise when flying.

But I thought it is better than the default scenery and left it at that.

Now I see that there is an update to X4 which according to the photo comparison with V.2 a far better scenery.

However even with the discounts offered it would cost another large amount to purchase, more than I wish to give out.

I am sure other MSE customers would agree especially if the original purchase date, like mine, is within 14 months.

My last purchase was six months ago, if I had bought MSE a few years ago then I probably had complained less.

I notice in the FlySim world other developers bring out three updates for the same airport like for example Imagine without a

discount, and others ask for 10% or 20% of the original price which I think is reasonable.

I do not expect something for nothing (unless the product was recently released).

I wonder whether others share my meaning or not.

#2 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:16 AM

Christiaan

A 50% discount for owners of the same State in MSE2 was announced last October - see http://pcaviatorforu...ceneryearth-4x/

I can't comment on whether x4 is a good buy.

I have a limited number of MSE2 States and Ultra Res Cities. After considering the discussion on the Avsim Forum comparing x4 with MSE2 and Ultra Res Cities, I decided on a cost/benefit basis and in view of the fact that I currently do little flying over those photoreal areas that I would put off until a much later day any decision about whether to buy any x4 products.

Gary

#3 Dean (PC Aviator)

Dean (PC Aviator)

Administrator, PC Aviator Manager

• Administrators
  • 2,642 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 12 January 2016 - 06:17 PM

Hi Christiaan,

i can understand your issue. There is a difference with MSE however that affects the price, and what we can offer it at... and that is data. Transferring massive amounts of data that is almost unique in the flight sim world to the customer costs a fair amount of cash... bandwidth and server costs etc to hold it. While we would love to offer the new MSE 4X at 10% or 20% of the full cost for existing customers of the 2.0 versions, this would barely, if not even pay for the bandwidth and associated costs to deliver the product to you. 

That, along with costs to process a payment in general, forms the majority of the cost of a product like the MegaSceneryEarth series.

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

Manager - PC Aviator Australia
The Flight Simulation Company!
Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories
We ship worldwide with FAST dispatch!
Online Store: http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store
[Facebook] [Twitter] [Blog] [Scoop.it] [YouTube] [Google+]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users