9 replies to this topic

#1 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:47 AM

In previous posts months ago, I had mentioned that Just Flight intended to publish a DH.104 Dove and Devon product - see: http://pcaviatorforu...=dove#entry4758 and http://pcaviatorforu...ac-111/?hl=dove

Overnight, I received an email from Just Flight saying that the product has now been released at a price of approx UKP 20, Euros 25 and USD $30.

Is PCA Aust going to have it in the near future? If not, I will buy it from JF before the launch offer of the separate additional liveries pack for free expires.

Maybe it is going to be like the JF Electra 10A which I had to buy directly from JF as I have not seen it available at any other retail site or some of the other JF products where a significant time passed after launch before I saw them available elsewhere than at JF.

Gary

#2 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 09:55 AM

When by a week after my previous post, there had been no indication that PCA Aust is going to stock this product, I bought it directly from JF.

In case PCA Aust does eventually stock it, I make two comments.

The extra livery pack was thrown in for free as part of my purchase but now has to be bought separately for about USD $6. It is not something which I would separately buy unless I had an affinity with any of the four airlines in it.

Since installing yesterday, I have flown a Dove once and a Devon once - both for short periods and using UK2000's Southend Airport over Orbx England (the latter bought from PCA Aust).

Consistent with what has been commented on on the JF and Avsim Forums, I found it hard to maintain stable flight with the Dove. I suffered  upwards pitches and stall warnings. Posters on the Forums talk about trim and centre of gravity problems. They also mention a sound problem, especially with the engine sounds.

Strangely, I found the Devon easier to manage - perhaps I was more alert to and anticipated the problems I had experienced with the Devon.

Gary

#3 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:10 PM

About an hour ago, Alex Ford of JF posted on the Avsim Forum that JF is putting together a service pack to address the issues which have been identified with this product.

Gary

#4 Dean (PC Aviator)

Dean (PC Aviator)

Administrator, PC Aviator Manager

• Administrators
  • 2,641 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:47 AM

We don't have access to these two items (yet). 

Perhaps when they fix any issues, JF may release it to us.

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

Manager - PC Aviator Australia
The Flight Simulation Company!
Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories
We ship worldwide with FAST dispatch!
Online Store: http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store
[Facebook] [Twitter] [Blog] [Scoop.it] [YouTube] [Google+]

#5 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:25 AM

This morning JF notified me that the Dove/Devon has an updated Service Pack.

On the JF website, what is new in the update is described as being:

•    Flap lever tooltip changed to show degrees rather than percent deployed
  • Cockpit side panels protruding through glass - fixed
  • Airspeed indicator range arcs updated to more closely match the real aircraft
  • RPM gauge needle missing - fixed
  • Engine start sounds missing - fixed
  • Attitude indicator not indicating correctly when in descent - fixed
  • Tooltip added for navigation light switch
  • Strobe light effects removed to more closely match the real aircraft
  • Black object visible from port cockpit window on Mk8 - fixed
An FDE switcher tool is provided in this update. The tool allows you to select between three different FDE options:
  • Standard - Updated to address reports of poor takeoff performance, climb rate and trim authority. This is the default option.
  • Alternative - As above but with increased aircraft performance and handling characteristics 
  • Original - The FDE originally supplied with the product

Hopefully, this will deal with the reported issues and bring closer the chances of PCA Aust stocking it.

Gary

#6 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:48 PM

Tonight, I went through the uninstall old/install new exercise and flew one model of the Devon.

The plane flew a treat. It looks like the problems I previously experience have been addressed.

Gary

• Dean (PC Aviator) likes this

#7 Dean (PC Aviator)

Dean (PC Aviator)

• Administrators
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 02:14 PM

Excellent!

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

#8 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 12:18 PM

Further to Dean's post #4, I wonder whether PCA Aust is any closer to stocking this product?

Why I ask is that overnight it has become available on two on-line retail sites.

What surprises me about that is that the prices there are cheaper than what I paid when I bought the product directly from JF when it was first released (and before the problems were fixed) and are cheaper than JF's current prices (one site is selling at 50% of the JF price).

I wonder whether that approach to pricing is something which JF is going to adopt with each retailer who commences to sell the product.

Gary

#9 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:08 AM

Became available overnight at PCA Aust - also at the cheap price.

Can't go wrong with this at such a price.

Just kicking myself that this is the third occasion where I have paid full price for a product when first released and then find that only a matter of weeks later, it is available at a substantially reduced price, the Virtualcol Shorts being my second-most recent experience of that and Wing Creation's Niigata being the one immediately before that!.

Gary

#10 Dean (PC Aviator)

Dean (PC Aviator)

• Administrators
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:57 AM

Yeah pain in the bum. Just Flight allowed us to put it up at half price for 10 days or so, but it is now back to normal price. But still, a pretty solid package for the full price (which is still quite low in relative terms). Available by clicking the image below:

DH-Dove-Devon.jpg DH-Dove-Devon-LiveryPack.jpg

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users