#21 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 07:27 AM

Derron

As to the way screenshots appear, are you making use of the Image symbol or merely the link one?

Tonight, I will try and fly Long Island and post some screenshots of what I see.

If they still reflect what I have previously experienced, that may tend to rule out MSE2 as the cause or sole cause because that is the one element common to the three of us. The elements common to you and Norm but not to me are the OS and flight sim platform. That is why it would be good to hear from anyone with MSE2 New York plus one or both of Win 10 and Prepar3d. That way, a process of elimination of possible causes could be furthered.

If I had to experience what you and Norm have, I would also be dissatisfied and would give up flying in that area, rather than persevering with that type of visual outcome.

Gary

#22 dtpeck

dtpeck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 12:57 PM

Thanks for the input Gary, it does seem like it could be the OS/Sim combo since it doesn't seem too many others are suffering this problem. I think I remember Norm saying that he was having these issues in Alabama so it is also not just NY with this problem. I may dust off my FSX and install it into there just to see if I can gain any headway on this. Curious how your flight over LI goes!

Derron

#23 Norm

Norm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 01:38 PM

Hiya Derron,

I saved my pics to one of my websites. Then I went and grabbed the url to the photo....not to the page. Just left click on any photo which is on a site online and do some variation of "copy image location".... This is the url you insert into the icon thingy up top there. The square green box, bottom row, in the middle.

Having said all that, Flickr won't let your borrow pics. Blocked or javascript or something. So you did the right thing in this case. 

I was just looking at all your pics. Yep. We got the same identical problem, you and I. And it looks like the only thing we have in common is Win10.

And GARY...hang in there with us on this one. It's a stemwinder, isn't it?

Norm

Thanks for the info Norm.  My system is an AMD FX-8320 8-core 3.5 gHz with 16 Gb RAM witha Radeon R7 200 series 2 GB video card and of course I am using Windows 10.  Would love to know how you are able to post the pictures directly in the post, can't seem to figure that one out either. 

#24 Dean (PC Aviator)

Dean (PC Aviator)

Administrator, PC Aviator Manager

• Administrators
  • 2,641 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:02 PM

Hi All,

The images that Derron posted show the issue well around Long Island, NY. I think this is one of the only areas in the MSE 2.0 line that has this particular isolated issue, due to the source imagery being this way. At the time of production, this was the only source imagery for Long Island in the same resolution as required for the MSE 2.0 line. The developer could have corrected or improved those colour variations in this area I guess at the time, but for whatever reason (I am not sure of) that did not occur. 

I believe loading the MSE 2.0 Ultra-Res New York package over the top corrects this as it uses different imagery for the area (since Garto does not see the same and he has the Ultra-Res NY loaded). This striation issue is known, hence the comment on the product page for this item as mentioned. 

For those who are having this specific issue and can show that with their own screenshot, please contact me here via private message and I will offer you a copy of the MSE 2.0 Ultra-Res New York package to help correct this, once we have verified you are having this particular issue in the Long Island area.

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

Manager - PC Aviator Australia
The Flight Simulation Company!
Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories
We ship worldwide with FAST dispatch!
Online Store: http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store
[Facebook] [Twitter] [Blog] [Scoop.it] [YouTube] [Google+]

#25 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:22 PM

Dean is spot on.

I do have New York Ultra Res Cities installed over NY MSE2.

On Dean's explanation, that seems to be the difference we were looking for if neither Norm nor Derron has the Ultra Res installed.

I can't comment on Alabama, as I don't have it in MSE.

Gary

#26 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 09:10 PM

These are the Long Island MSE2 (with NY Ultra Res Cities) screenshots taken today flying east to west on a calm day with hazy conditions in the FSX Default AirTrike at about 2500 feet. The second one shows the Forge River area which I mentioned in an earlier post #12.

Nowhere to be seen is anything like the light blue cover Norm and Derron have described by their screenshots. You can see that the nearest is a blue/grey tinge adjacent to some (but not all) waterways.

2016-3-8_21-31-49-328_zpsh5bzqj85.png

2016-3-8_21-34-34-290_zpsb4vau3lc.png

2016-3-8_21-16-51-885_zpsspjkh6io.png

2016-3-8_21-18-10-776_zps28wlwruy.png

Gary

#27 dtpeck

dtpeck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 11:02 PM

Wow Gary those are some nice shots - Not at all what I am experiencing!  Thanks for posting those.  I do see what you were saying earlier about the areas immediately adjacent to some of the bodies of water.  I do see a bit of the bluish tinge to those areas. 

Dean thanks for your help through all of this and for offering a copy of the Ultra Hi Res NY to try to alleviate the problem for those of us suffering through it. That is a mark of great customer service and I appreciate that.  I have PM'd you regarding that issue.  I will gladly update when I am able to get that up and running.

Thanks all for your input.

Derron

#28 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 05:21 PM

Dean

I went looking today for the product screenshots of MSE2 New York and also the Ultra Res Cities New York on PCA Aust to see whether they might throw some light on the discussion.

I found the State product on the two pages of MSE2 products but the NY Ultra Res Cities was not there.

Gary

#29 Norm

Norm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 12:06 AM

When I saw Dean's message as regards NY I messaged as well. Owing to the time differential between CST and AST the message may have showed up in Australia 3 days ago or tomorrow. Waiting on a reply.

What I found interesting is that Dean's post indicates it is a supplier side  problem...not a Win10 problem.

Norm

#30 Dean (PC Aviator)

Dean (PC Aviator)

• Administrators
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:38 AM

Norm,

Yes for MSE New York, those striated colours are in the actual source imagery for Long Island. The reasons for that are outlined in the MSE 2.0 manual regarding sourcing imagery for the MSE products.

Gary,

The page for MSE 2.0 Ultra-Res New York is here: http://www.pcaviator...productid=19955

I do note a number of those titles are not showing up in the MSE 2.0 category however, which I am correcting now...

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

#31 Norm

Norm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 11:12 PM

Hi Dean,

So how are you coming with my Alabama scenery striation problem? Haven't heard from you in awhile.

#32 Norm

Norm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 04:01 AM

It's 14 days later Dean than my last post. Earlier I did what you asked. I PM'ed you. Cheerfully offered to work with you in any way. No reply. Still haven't heard a word. The Alabama scenery isn't gonna fix itself.

Norm

#33 dtpeck

dtpeck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 11:08 PM

Hi All,

The images that Derron posted show the issue well around Long Island, NY. I think this is one of the only areas in the MSE 2.0 line that has this particular isolated issue, due to the source imagery being this way. At the time of production, this was the only source imagery for Long Island in the same resolution as required for the MSE 2.0 line. The developer could have corrected or improved those colour variations in this area I guess at the time, but for whatever reason (I am not sure of) that did not occur. 

I believe loading the MSE 2.0 Ultra-Res New York package over the top corrects this as it uses different imagery for the area (since Garto does not see the same and he has the Ultra-Res NY loaded). This striation issue is known, hence the comment on the product page for this item as mentioned. 

For those who are having this specific issue and can show that with their own screenshot, please contact me here via private message and I will offer you a copy of the MSE 2.0 Ultra-Res New York package to help correct this, once we have verified you are having this particular issue in the Long Island area.

Good Morning Norm, sorry to hear you are having some frustration as well.  If it makes you feel any better, it has been several weeks since I PM'd Dean regarding the copy of Ultra-Res NY that he offered to provide as a remedy to this situation for those of us with the Long Island issue.  I also have yet to hear back from him as to when that may actually happen.  With any luck he will get back to us soon.  I am not sure what the answer is for the Alabama scenery and I am not convinced that the LI issue is entirely due to the source imagery.  Still, I eagerly await my copy of Ultra-Res NY to try and eliminate some possibilities.  I will update when I am able to try anything new.  Hang in there.

Derron

#34 Norm

Norm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 07:43 AM

Hiya Derron!

Dean kinda vanished didn't he?

Whatever the answer on yours is, it will be the same for mine. Glad to see you're not on here yelling. Either they will give us something or they won't. Were I them I'd want to lick the problem. 

In the meantime in great hopes this note finds you well. It's like living in at the bottom of a bowl of pollen flake cereal (with pollen milk) here in Alabama. Sneeze! Have to make sure to keep my piston powered make believe carburetor checked for the yellow dust. I'd hate to flame out and auger into the striation from 2500 feet. Ha!

Take care and super great hearing from you!!!

Your ol pal in Alabam

Norm

Good Morning Norm, sorry to hear you are having some frustration as well.

Derron

#35 Dean (PC Aviator)

Dean (PC Aviator)

• Administrators
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 02:28 AM

Sorry guys, just got snowed under. Derron, I have fixed you up. Norm... I need a refresher. You sent me some screenshots via email? Was that right?

I am trying to recall.

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

#36 dtpeck

dtpeck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 09:16 AM

Hey Dean, Thanks for getting back to us.  I know how life can catch up and overwhelm us at times, been there myself.  I was able to email the contacts at PCAviator USA and they graciously sent me a set of the Ultra Res discs.  I have installed them over MSE 2.0 and I took some screen shots.  It definitely looks like it solved my problems.  You can check them out here: https://flic.kr/s/aHskyYHNuP

Norm - Hope you are doing well down in 'Bama, not sure what the cure is gonna be for your issues but I hope they are able to get them sorted out for you.  Good luck and Happy Flying!!

Derron

#37 Dean (PC Aviator)

Dean (PC Aviator)

• Administrators
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 01:45 PM

Norm, Just sent a reply to your PM. Trying to check whether those very blue neon blocks are isolated to an area or you are seeing them in other parts of the state.

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users