Welcome to the "old" Quito Airport (SEQU), the airport notorious for its nerve-wrecking landings! Having ceased operations by now, this airport is (was) right in the middle of the city of Quito, making it one of the highest and most challenging airports in the world! Weâ€™ve made this scenery to save a little piece of aviation history in the flight simulator world.
This Quito airport scenery is a highly accurate rendition of the airport the way it was on its final days of operation. Photos from the active times were used to create particularly detailed terminal buildings and textures of the surroundings. A hand painted elevation mesh ensures that the hills and slopes near the runway can be presented in a lifelike way. And due to custom landclass data, the airport fits almost seamlessly into the default scenery.
Opened in 1960, â€œMariscal Sucre International Airportâ€ was the largest airport in Ecuador and one the busiest in South America. Since 2000, it served as the main hub for TAME. Its location within the city and surrounded by mountains impeded expansions and caused several, sometimes severe incidents during approaches. Therefore, the airport ceased operations on February 19, 2013, moving them to the new airport of the same name located outside of Quitoâ€™s borders.
- Historically accurate model of the airport and it`s buildings
- High definition passenger terminal building, carefully modeled from reference photos taken while the airport was still in operation
- Highly detailed apron ground textures, with aircraft type markings at gates true to what they were during the final days of operation
- Immediate airport surroundings and industrial areas
- Custom â€Quito styleâ€ landclass with autogen annotation for around the airport to improve blending to the default scenery
- Hand painted elevation mesh to realistically depict the hill and slope just north of Runway 17/35
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP2, Acceleration Pack or Steam Edition) or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D (v3)
- Windows XP / Vista/ 7 / 8 / 10
- 3.0 GHz Processor (Intel Core2Duo recommended)
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- 3D graphics card with at least 512 MB (1024 MB recommended)
- .NET-Framework 3.5 or higher
- Installations-Size: 300 MB
Approach Quito now with this fantastic scenery addon - http://www.pcaviator...productid=20752