No replies to this topic

#1 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 09:48 AM

Early this morning, I received the February Just Flight Newsletter which, in part, contains the February list of updates for products sold by JF. As I have mentioned in previous posts, JF's excellent service in notifying updates and how to access them is of great assistance to me in trying to keep up-to-date.

Part of the February Newsletter list reads:

"MilViz P-38 Red Bull - Updated (11 Feb)
MilViz F-86F Sabre - Updated
(11 Feb)
DH.104 Dove & Devon - Service Pack
(9 Feb)
Aeroplane Heaven B-17 Flying Fortress - v1.4 Update (5 Feb)
Canberra PR9 - SP3.1 Update: Download edition / Boxed edition (4 Feb)
Flysimware Ercoupe 415C - v1.6 Update (3 Feb)
Flysimware C195 - v2.0 Update (3 Feb)"

I have excluded some non-aviation products which PCA Aust does not appear to stock. 

Details of what changes are effected by the updates can usually be found by using the Customer Service link on the JF website and then selecting, from the drop-down box, the particular product.

A purchase from JF before the stated date needs to to be updated. On that basis, I am assuming that the JF upload was updated as at that date and the version available for download at JF is the new one from that date.

However, those dates may not be reflective of the situation at PCA Aust or elsewhere.

Dean should be able to tell us what are the relevant dates for the updated products on the PCA Aust server so that where there has to be a complete new re-install, rather than merely a patch, existing or new customers know it is the new/updated version which can be downloaded. Having regard to the fact that the Dove/Devon has only become available at PCA Aust this week and as the effective date of its Service Pack was over two weeks ago, I assume that the version PCA Aust has incorporates those Service Pack changes. If not, Dean can tell us.

Gary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users