CaptAus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 26 March 2016 - 01:50 PM

Hi all,
It would seem that FSX Stem Edition (FSXSE) by Dovetail Games is becoming more and more popular.  It's stability as an FSX platform has a considerable amount of appeal.  The enthusiasm of developers to embrace FSXSE by making their products compatible is encouraging and welcome.

Having just recently begun to dabble in FSXSE has raised a number of questions that I seek some answers to by those who are more knowledgeable than myself.

1. The FSXSE default graphics is like stepping back in time.   Is it possible to use addon scenery like Orbx/FTX purchased some time ago for use in FSX in FSXSE? And if so how?

2.   The same applies to aircraft.  Is it possible to use purchased aircraft such as the PMDG 737-800 NGX when online with FSXSE?  Again, if so how is this achieved.

If anyone could help me out with this or point me in the right direction, I would be grateful.

Greg

Intel Core i7 2600K OC 5.8GHz, Quad core, 8GB RAM, EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti, Seagate 1TB Barracuda 7200.12, SATA III, Windows 7 64bit, 2 x 22" monitors.

Greg Whiley (CaptAus)
Founder
Aussie Star Flight Simulation
www.aussiestarhops.com
admin@aussiestarhops.com

#2 m0dpsych

m0dpsych

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 29 March 2016 - 07:24 PM

Hi Greg,

I have had a look at the ORBX forums in relation to using their products in FSXSE and in one word Yes but......... (always a but) you can only have FSXSE on your machine. For it to work properly you will need to fully remove FSX from Widows Registry. If you have both versions of FSX it WON'T work. All 100+ ORBX products will work with Steam. ORBX have clearly stated that the installers will not work if both versions of FSX are installed on the same machine, and they will not recompile over 100 installers for both.

If you are an ORBX member, they have a support forum for Steam which explains lots.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Qld Gary

I'm from the Government and I'm here to help!!!!

#3 CaptAus

CaptAus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 09:46 AM

Hi Gary, thanks for this.  It's a big BUT isn't it.  I will check out the ORBX forum as suggested.  Cheers

Intel Core i7 2600K OC 5.8GHz, Quad core, 8GB RAM, EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti, Seagate 1TB Barracuda 7200.12, SATA III, Windows 7 64bit, 2 x 22" monitors.

Greg Whiley (CaptAus)
Founder
www.aussiestarhops.com
admin@aussiestarhops.com

#4 CaptAus

CaptAus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 03:47 PM

Hi all,

This is a follow up to this issue of transition from FSX to FSX Steam Edition.  I have a considerable number of payware and freeware scenery and aircraft in my FSX hangar, including the PMDG 737-800 NGX.  I believe they can be used in FSXSE.  What do I have to do to transfer the files into FSXSE?

Greg

Greg Whiley (CaptAus)
Founder
www.aussiestarhops.com
admin@aussiestarhops.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: steam, Dovetail games, scenery, graphics, addons, aircraft, FSX, FSX Steam Edition

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users