3 replies to this topic

#1 Norm

Norm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:40 AM

Hi!

Something odd. Maybe you have seen this. Since I installed version 3 scenery for my state (with the installer)  the program comes up in the default scenery. Even more strange I reverted back to the version 2 and it ALSO only shows the default scenery now. Something has changed in the program. It is optimized as before. Never touched that stuff. I installed the new stuff exactly per instructions with the installer.

Version 3 is at the top of the list in the scenery list as it should be. I'm stumped. Got an idea anyone?

Thanks

Norm

------------------------------

Norm makes addition the next day.....

Thank me. After about 55 experiments with no success it finally occurred to me.... Well... I fixed it.

Long story short I have two copies of Earf on here. I have no idea what earfly difference that ought to make....but... for my last experiment I unchecked the old version 2 which was #2 on the scenery list. When I fired up my plane again.... poofs! There was version 3. Finally.

I have hunted all over the place and never saw an instance of anyone else having my exact problem. So...chances are my computer is real strange. But...if you find yourself in the same pickle, uncheck (disable) the old version(s) in the Scenery List and yours ought to work as well.

Norm

#2 Norm

Norm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 07:34 AM

Sky Ghosts

----

Got an addendum. Today's date is 2-3-2017. So happens that last night when I was in the middle of all this mess I made sure to save the properly optimized graphics config file so I could go off chasing settings to see if THAT was the strange problem.

I continued with some of that today. So anyway, after I got through pushing switches (which did not work) I went back for the original config. That's when I noticed there were TWO config files. There was the one I saved last night 2-2-2017 and then.....get this there was the other one. I assumed I must have saved two. Nope.... After careful reading I found that the other one had been saved on 2-2-2016.

Yup. Looks like I installed version 2 exactly one year ago last night. Can you believe that??? Haw! Way spooky! Woof!

#3 por930

por930

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:27 PM

Hi Norm, Yes, some time the load order of scenery can be a bit of a puzzle. But...ever since I installed a little program called Scenery Config Editor, I can now see all my sceneries and which are active due to them being ticked..or otherwise. It is also simple to change their order and put them into families and groups. 

Geoff

#4 Dean (PC Aviator)

Dean (PC Aviator)

Administrator, PC Aviator Manager

• Administrators
  • 2,644 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:19 PM

Norm,

Ensure the MSE3 scenery area is listed in the Scenery Library, AND it has a tick on the box next to it, to indicate it is activated. Also check the path to where the scenery files are actually installed is correct by highlighting the MSE3 state scenery in the library and clicking on "Edit Area" to see the path. 

I'm guessing either it is not active, or the path to the actual scenery files is not set correctly. Lastly, if those first two items appear correct, ensure there are actually scenery .BGL files in the folder the MSE3 layer actually links to.

Dean

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

Manager - PC Aviator Australia
The Flight Simulation Company!
Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories
We ship worldwide with FAST dispatch!
Online Store: http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store
[Facebook] [Twitter] [Blog] [Scoop.it] [YouTube] [Google+]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users