• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Agent Basil

Agent Basil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:15 PM

Well, that was a surprise.  New PC but MS  Flight Sim X won't install.  Looked on the web and there are some work-arounds but not sure I want to go down that path.  What else is out in the Flight Sim market that people recommend ?

#2 por930

por930

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:58 PM

Basil,

A few more details may assist..

So, are you saying, you had FSX loaded on a PC that worked ok. You have now replaced that PC with Win10 and when you tried to load FSX, it will not load because.............................. 

What message did you get?

Recently, I did the same...got a new PC and when I went to install my DVD, it said I had run out of installs and would not install and was dumped out of the install process. They also offered a solution, to contact MS to get a new install code. I contacted MS, got the run around a bit until I was sent to the correct department, and the MS office gave me a new code and waited for me to load FSX with the new code in case I had an issue. 

The important thing was to give him the original code, and he gave an alternative code - which worked straight away.

Geoff

#3 Agent Basil

Agent Basil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:44 PM

Yes, I had PC on which MS FS X worked.  The install on the new PC would just hang.  No error message it would just get nowhere.  I had only ever installed FS once on the old PC so I can't see how it would think I had run out of installs.

#4 por930

por930

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 11:54 PM

Yes, I had PC on which MS FS X worked.  The install on the new PC would just hang.  No error message it would just get nowhere.  I had only ever installed FS once on the old PC so I can't see how it would think I had run out of installs.

Hi Basil, Sorry for very late reply, I have just returned from overseas....Did you ever get your FSX to load? I had mine loaded ok on a Win10 machine. I just unloaded it as it was getting way too confusing working out same addons for FSX or P3D. But I still have a Win7 FSX machine and a Win10 FSX-SE machine.

Geoff

#5 Agent Basil

Agent Basil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 02:18 PM

Nope, never got it to work

#6 por930

por930

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 11:32 PM

Nope, never got it to work

Computers can be soooooo frustrating some times. The most obvious things that should work "easilly", don't. I had similar issues trying to get the PMDG MD11 to work on my Win10 machine. There are workarounds changing settings for the load, and resetting them back afterwards, but for me all too hard, and I gave up. My FSX machine has a bad case of the kernel power error, so looks like I need to replace its power supply - that sounds a pleasant job. My FSX-SE / office machine is also on the blink with FSX losing its way in the registry(despite using the Flight 1 tool) so, again, I lose out using my MD11..My new machine is P3Dv4 and works great of course...

Maybe the FSX steam version may work, or maybe XPlane? and of course, it seems a few new platforms on the way...

Regards

Geoff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users