• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Agent Basil

Agent Basil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:15 PM

Well, that was a surprise.  New PC but MS  Flight Sim X won't install.  Looked on the web and there are some work-arounds but not sure I want to go down that path.  What else is out in the Flight Sim market that people recommend ?

#2 por930

por930

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:58 PM

Basil,

A few more details may assist..

So, are you saying, you had FSX loaded on a PC that worked ok. You have now replaced that PC with Win10 and when you tried to load FSX, it will not load because.............................. 

What message did you get?

Recently, I did the same...got a new PC and when I went to install my DVD, it said I had run out of installs and would not install and was dumped out of the install process. They also offered a solution, to contact MS to get a new install code. I contacted MS, got the run around a bit until I was sent to the correct department, and the MS office gave me a new code and waited for me to load FSX with the new code in case I had an issue. 

The important thing was to give him the original code, and he gave an alternative code - which worked straight away.

Geoff

#3 Agent Basil

Agent Basil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:44 PM

Yes, I had PC on which MS FS X worked.  The install on the new PC would just hang.  No error message it would just get nowhere.  I had only ever installed FS once on the old PC so I can't see how it would think I had run out of installs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users