48 replies to this topic

#1 Seadog

Seadog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:31 PM

Dean..............I need one and needs it now!

What have you got under the counter in a plain brown wrapper?  I can't find one on the shop shelf!

Rick (Don't send me to Just Flight or some shonky Freebee)  :lol:

banSeadog01.jpg

#2 Dean (PC Aviator)

Dean (PC Aviator)

Administrator, PC Aviator Manager

• Administrators
  • 2,641 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:38 PM

Rick,

The only one I know of is the recently released Majestic Software package for FSX. We do not sell that one at this stage. I am still waiting to hear back from them as to hwther we can sell it or not, but the line seems to have gone cold, which is a shame.

The only other one we have is for FS2004 only.

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

Manager - PC Aviator Australia
The Flight Simulation Company!
Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories
We ship worldwide with FAST dispatch!
Online Store: http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store
[Facebook] [Twitter] [Blog] [Scoop.it] [YouTube] [Google+]

#3 Seadog

Seadog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:09 PM

That's a shame.  Well here is what I know so far.  It is a nicely designed package, but it is right up there with Nemeth for complexity.

I haven't been able to start it yet and that pisses me off somewhat. It also probably signifies that I may well be unable to fly it either.

There is no easy start option so it is definitely designed for the guys who like cold and darks.  I don't see why in the blurb you can't put something along the lines of that, this design is for those who like unlocking the cabin door and flicking lots of switches type of simming.  You'll know what I mean if you spend any time on the Nemeth Designs forums.  

It is very pretty though, and I will start hunting down YouTube info in the morning, without any great expectations, it has to be said.  

banSeadog01.jpg

#4 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

Let us know how you go.

Last year, I bought the Majestic Dash 8-Q300 Pilot Edition and could not get the aircraft engines to start. The 64 page user manual was too complicated for me. I gave up trying to use it. If you find an easy way to start the Q400, I will try it on my Q300.

#5 Seadog

Seadog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:13 AM

Many thanks for your comment Gary, I will do that. I'm also going to have a go with that 'touch'  instrument program download from here today.   I  found a cheap screen yesterday through my techie so I'll badger him into helping set up if I get jammed up ! If that works well, and I cannot see any reason why it shouldn't,  it would be a good fit with the way that I like to fly,  I like to fly mostly 'outside' the cockpit, more like a R/C aircraft and flick back into the cockpit to look at gauges. I was going to buy another couple of Saitek Multi Gauges so I didn't have to keep flicking between 'views' on that, but the touch screen addon might be more useful down the line as my flying gets better.

As regards the Dash-8, I suspect I will sort it in the end once I stop getting hacked off with smart-arsed designers!   :lol:   The lesson for me in the farce is don't buy anything except from PC Oz cos then Dean has to sort out my self inflicted mess !

Don't work too hard, we're supposed to be retired!  regards, Rick

banSeadog01.jpg

#6 Seadog

Seadog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:49 PM

This is mainly for Gary and his Q300.......... copied from a reply at Just Flights (sorry Dean.....is this ok?)

Just look up to the overhead panel, set both engine switches to "Normal", left click the adjacent start switch to the left, port, No1 engine, and press the start switch. Wait 30 secs or so for it to spool up, the start switch will click off (central), right click it to select the right, stbd, No2 engine, press the start switch again, go to outside view and watch the starboard start.
Not sure what controls you have, but if you had set the prop control to 'start' at the beginning, you will need to advance it to get some more revs. Then your throttle(s) should work normally to taxi, reverse, take off and fly.
It's a clever simulation this Q400, but once you get the engines running all the systems will come alive and you should be able to fly it with basic controls.
Enjoy.
Don't drop the speed below 130kts on the approach or you will have serious problems at touchdown. 

This worked fine Gary and I took off as normal. Auto pilot worked fine and I landed again at Auckland's long runway. Do not select the FSX option to "start at take off point",   you bounce all over the ground !

I had trouble reversing the props on landing but I think that's just pilot error on my part.    Was a heap of fun starting the engines !

Rick

banSeadog01.jpg

#7 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:42 PM

Rick

Unfortunately, it did not work for me but thanks for going to the trouble anyway.

I ended up starting the plane by a combination of Cntrl E and a bit of mucking around.

However, although the cockpit gauges were alight, they were not working. Despite that, I was able to manually take off, fly the plane and land it "blind" to the extent of being without instruments but relying on a visual impression of height, angle, speed etc.

The manual has a tutorial flight which walks you through all procedures  beginning with start-up. When I get some time (which is not likely to be until 8 July when I finish a long hearing-related commitment), I will go through the steps of that tutorial to see if it provides the answer for me. I doubt that it was an installation problem because what I am now experiencing with the program re-install on my new computer is consistent with what I experienced last year when it was installed on my previous computer.

Gary

#8 Seadog

Seadog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:55 AM

Just when I thought it was safe to go outside   !!!

There was talk on the forums last night of the Majestic Dash-8 not working at all on FSEconomy!

Apparently you fly inside FSE and it refuses to log your flight !  Beginning to look like freeware again.

Your boy, Sherlock shall investigate.

banSeadog01.jpg

#9 Rono

Rono

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationWolli Creek, NSW,

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:17 PM

Gooday

And .... Does the Majestic have a saveable FMC data?

And .... Where do you get it (the Majestic) ?

Rono

#10 Seadog

Seadog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:48 AM

Good morning Rono,

I haven't flown my Majestic since the above posts and have had to fly a freeware model instead.  The Majestic does not fly inside FSEconomy, for some bizarre reason and it was for that site that I bought it.  The model is paid for and downloaded from Majestics own site http://majesticsoftware.com/mjc8q400/  .

Since I wrote that, I see that it is sold on 3 other outlets but if memory serves me correctly,  not by Dean.  Which is a shame as I might have saved myself 70 bucks.  He would probably have pointed out that it wouldn't fly where I, and a good few other people, would have wanted it to perform !

If you read the blurb at their site you will probably discover that there is a possibility that they are, "up themselves" as Kiwi's say. It would seem, from what I have heard, that they have no desire to make a small fix that would allow it to fly inside FSE.  No more Majestic Products for me !   Not that I guess they would give a Hog's Ass about that either!

banSeadog01.jpg

#11 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:39 AM

Ron

See my post of 13 August in "A Fair Price?".

There, I mentioned that on a UK site a boxed version of the Majestic was to become available on 22 August at the same price as the download.

Although Dean mentioned that he had not been able to arrange the sale of the download version, he might be able to sell a boxed version.

He might be able to give a update on that as he has the details of the publisher of the boxed version.

#12 Dean (PC Aviator)

Dean (PC Aviator)

• Administrators
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:51 AM

Working on the boxed version order but can't supply a date estimate yet. Hopefully within weeks.

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

#13 Rono

Rono

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationWolli Creek, NSW,

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:47 PM

Gooday

Re the rave , rave, rave detailed write-up on PC Pilot, I gotta have it.

Dean, please notify your customers the moment it is available.

Rono

#14 Dean (PC Aviator)

Dean (PC Aviator)

• Administrators
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:46 AM

Ron,

Will do mate :)

The guy handling the boxed version is on a short break according to his email autoresponder, but I'll keep plugging away to get the boxed version in as soon as I can.

Once I have an estimated arrival date, I'll put up a pre-order page so those who are super-keen can secure their copy from the first shipment to arrive in Aus.

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

#15 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:59 PM

Via a link on another forum, I went to the site of the co-producer of this boxed product today (tantalized by a message that they were having a 24 hour sale of one only of their large jet aircraft at @17% of the normal cost) and I saw that they say that supplies of the boxed ATR product will again be available on 3 September. That might help Dean with estimates, if even the co-producer of the product is not going to have them by then.

#16 Dean (PC Aviator)

Dean (PC Aviator)

• Administrators
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:33 AM

Yes I am expecting late in September on these (at the present time).

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

#17 Seadog

Seadog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:43 PM

Did a little update on this product at Flight Sim Economy this morning.  The Majestic will still not fly inside FSE, and other similar servers.  The first product that I have come across that will not.

I was told, and I am unsure of the accuracy of the comment, that the designers see their product as a real life trainer/refresher and not as a game. Fair enough I suppose?  Wish they had told me before I parted with my 70 smacks !

banSeadog01.jpg

#18 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:07 AM

Rick's post yesterday about the need to know compatibility characteristics ahead of purchase is relevant to a post which I intended to do about DirectX-10 compatibility with some airports which I have purchased a few weeks ago and where the compatibility (and other limitation) issues only became known after the product was installed and the electronic manual as part of the installed product was then able to be read or the box opened and paper manual read. Ahead of that, there was no forewarning.

On the PCA Aust website and elsewhere (to Dean's credit, my feeling is that I have seen them more on the PCA Aust site than elsewhere), I have sometimes seen compatibility/performance warnings as part of a product blurb. I don't know whether they have been put there by the retailer or the developer. I have some sympathy for retailers because, in the absence or such a warning from the developer or having themselves tried the product, they are most likely unaware of the product's limitations.

An example on the PCA Aust website.which readily comes to mind (only because a few days ago the warning made me decide not to buy the product - was I jumping at shadows?) is the blurb for the download version of Aerosoft's Mega Airport Budapest X which has a clearly displayed performance warning for FSX users and suggests certain things be done before a decision is made to buy, thus effectively saying that you pass this point at your own risk (the blurb for the boxed version does not have the same performance warning - are they the same product?).

In the case of two of the three airports involved in my recent experience, I would have still bought the airports if I had had that later acquired knowledge of the various limitations etc before I made the purchase. In the case of FTX Queenstown, I doubt that I would have.

#19 CaptAus

CaptAus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:20 PM

Is there another good Dash 8 product available other than from Majestic?

Greg

Intel Core i7 2600K OC 5.8GHz, Quad core, 8GB RAM, EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti, Seagate 1TB Barracuda 7200.12, SATA III, Windows 7 64bit, 2 x 22" monitors.

Greg Whiley (CaptAus)
Founder
Aussie Star Flight Simulation
www.aussiestarhops.com
admin@aussiestarhops.com

#20 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:24 AM

Dean will know.

I think that I asked that type of question on the Forum some months ago after the Majestic Dash 8-400 was released and I had still not been able to get my Majestic Dash 8-300 (which I bought last year from the only retail site selling it) to start.

I had some Dash 7 and Dash 8 freeware products but my recollection is that Dean had indicated that the Majestic was the only payware one for FSX

Switching aircraft types for a moment, it will be interesting to see what the Razbam Metroliner ( for which pre-orders are being taken) turns out like (the available photos are limited).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users