VH-DLS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationMornington Peninsula, Vic.

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:45 PM

Gary and Dean

yes, it is sad that economics, rather than aesthetics, influences the shape of commercial aircraft.

:(

I can't help liking them all though!

Cheers,
Dennis

"There are old pilots, and bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots."

#42 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:32 AM

As a supplement to my post of 14 January 2014 as to why I believe that the Majestic Dash 8-300 is a much better looking aircraft (and easier to fly) than the 400 model and to my earlier comment that I had been lucky enough to buy (for about $40) the Majestic 300 in 2012 but that it is now only available for purchase as a pro training edition for over $200, AirDailyX today announces that Majestic has commenced development of another 300 variant - something which I will snap up as soon as it comes on to the market.

#43 por930

por930

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:52 PM

Hey Gary, 

Have you ever seen any of the frooglesim videos. This guy is a great teacher and has a whole series of videos on the many aircraft, including the Q400. The link I have attached is his start up from cold and dark, which answers a lot of your questions, only this way you can actually see him do it. I find much easier than reading a manual most times. He has several videos on the Q400. Hope it helps.

Geoff

#44 por930

por930

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:13 AM

Hi Garry, 

The second part of the video......Would have been good on the beach as he took off....

Geoff

#45 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:32 PM

A ten part video (said to be 9.5 hours of HD video) tutorial series for the Q400 was released yesterday.

Whilst it is reasonably priced, it appears to involve a lot of GBs if it has to be downloaded.

#46 Dean (PC Aviator)

Dean (PC Aviator)

Administrator, PC Aviator Manager

• Administrators
  • 2,641 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:49 PM

Who's making/made this ten-part video? I'm a bit out of the loop on this.

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

Manager - PC Aviator Australia
The Flight Simulation Company!
Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories
We ship worldwide with FAST dispatch!
Online Store: http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store
[Facebook] [Twitter] [Blog] [Scoop.it] [YouTube] [Google+]

#47 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:04 PM

The product is:

Airline2Sim Majestic Dash 8 Q400 Cadet Training 

It costs about 22 Euros (without VAT).

#48 Dean (PC Aviator)

Dean (PC Aviator)

Administrator, PC Aviator Manager

• Administrators
  • 2,641 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:17 PM

Ahh ok, yes Airline2Sim. That was who I thought you might have been referring to, but just wanted to make sure in case it was someone else.

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

Manager - PC Aviator Australia
The Flight Simulation Company!
Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories
We ship worldwide with FAST dispatch!
Online Store: http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store
[Facebook] [Twitter] [Blog] [Scoop.it] [YouTube] [Google+]

#49 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:39 AM

Dean

In your post #40 of 15 January 2014, you enthusiastically indicated your preference for the Dash 8 -100 over other models.

This is the latest (I think, the only) FSX payware Dash 8-100 payware aircraft, the one released about ten days ago by Virtualcol:

2015-3-29_20-34-30-750_zpstjfx5mp4.png

It is at the Twentynine Palms airport which PCA Aust has recently made available. I bought this airport directly from the developer, 29Palms Scenery Design, in January when it was first released and no retailers were selling it and, therefore, it looked like PCA Aust might not sell it. I paid AUD $2 more than what PCA Aust is selling it for! One query I have about this airport, The airport product and the GPS show two runways, 10-28 and 17-35 yet the plates on SimPlatesX Ultra only show 10-28. Anyone know the reason for this?

I have commented before that, in my view, the interiors (including the VC) of Virtualcol aircraft don't match the exteriors. Here's the VC of the Virtualcol Dash 8:

2015-3-28_22-31-13-68_zpsiedadyxf.png

I believe that this one is better looking than those in other Virtualcol aircraft. However, this one costs @ USD$20 whereas the other Virtualcol aircraft cost @USD$13 and under, thus seemingly catering for a particular market segment. I would prefer to pay double the price and get a more enhanced VC.

Gary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users