CaptAus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:45 PM

Hi Folks

The Aussie Star Flight Flight Simulation (ASFS) website aims to provide avid flight simulation pilots with a resource to support their passion for flying.  It aims to enhance the knowledge and skills of members by providing opportunities for learning which can be experienced and shared in a collaborative and friendly environment.  ASFS provides free downloads of text-based tutorials, flight plans and other resources intended to be both educative and entertaining.

As Founder of ASFS, I have as a personal mission, a desire to be involved in raising the profile and status of this pastime to that of a recognised skill set activity beyond that of just a computer game; to move from flight simulation to 'simulated aviation'.  To that end I look forward to making affiliations with organisations and like-minded people to promote this goal.

For a trial period, PC Aviator Australia is providing Aussie Star with this space on its community forums.  The venture is intended to enable PC Aviator clients to further develop their aviation knowledge and skills while utilising flight sim hardware and software, ideally purchased from PC Aviator, and support the Aussie Star mission.

The ASFS forum will not compete with or duplicate topics posted on PCA forums.  The topics and posts will relate to ASFS operations only.  It will provide updates of when new resources and flight plans are published on the ASFS website.  It will also advise when new topics and discussion items relating to the Aussie Star vision have been posted on either the ASFS website's own forum or blog.  Responses and collaborative involvement relating to the work of Aussie Star are welcomed on this forum. 

Yours in flight

Greg

Intel Core i7 2600K OC 5.8GHz, Quad core, 8GB RAM, EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti, Seagate 1TB Barracuda 7200.12, SATA III, Windows 7 64bit, 2 x 22" monitors.

Greg Whiley (CaptAus)
Founder
Aussie Star Flight Simulation
www.aussiestarhops.com
admin@aussiestarhops.com

#2 antonvs

antonvs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationYBDG

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:29 PM

This is a great concept Greg and I did not hesitate in joining in activities. I wish to congratulate dean B for getting behind you and offering PCA support.

I have enjoyed your help on the ASFS site and thank you for your efforts and look forward to the group growing.

#3 CaptAus

CaptAus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:54 AM

Thanks for the encouraging comments Anton.  As indicated at the lunch, as a result of the development of the g+ community site, the forum on the website has been removed.  It didn't attract much attention anyway.

Greg

Intel Core i7 2600K OC 5.8GHz, Quad core, 8GB RAM, EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti, Seagate 1TB Barracuda 7200.12, SATA III, Windows 7 64bit, 2 x 22" monitors.

Greg Whiley (CaptAus)
Founder
Aussie Star Flight Simulation
www.aussiestarhops.com
admin@aussiestarhops.com

#4 Dean (PC Aviator)

Dean (PC Aviator)

Administrator, PC Aviator Manager

• Administrators
  • 2,641 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:08 AM

Don't be too disheartened. Forums take a LONG time to grow members and really get started. And there are a lot of forums in the flight sim community compared to the total number of flight simmers, so it kind of dilutes the growth a little too! 

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

Manager - PC Aviator Australia
The Flight Simulation Company!
Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories
We ship worldwide with FAST dispatch!
Online Store: http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store
[Facebook] [Twitter] [Blog] [Scoop.it] [YouTube] [Google+]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aussie star flight simulation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users