The Aussie Star vision is to be a site of choice for flight simulation pilots. We aim to create an active, learning community of flying enthusiasts who strive to achieve an as real as it gets experience. We offer:
- flight plans
- educative publications
- a forum
- a blog
- a photos and screenshots page
- a hangar (tips & tricks, useful websites, aviation videos)
- membership, including a newsletter.
Current publications include:
- 737-800 panels & checklists
- A manual for flying the PMDG 737-800 NGX
- Flying with VATPAC
- How to program the PMDG NGX FMC
- Flying with the GPS
- The Instrument landing approach (ILS) system
- Pilot co-pilot shared aircraft operations manual
- Airfield traffic pattern
- What is CTAF?
- Simple calculations / rules of thumb
- Airspace: things you should know.
The current adventure scenario is Flying with Alaska Airlines. See the Flight Plans page. The next scenario currently being developed will be Flight Across America.