• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zackrampage

Zackrampage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:24 AM

Hello all, hope everyone had a good week. I purchases Florida 2.0 and NY 2.0 .. Additionally I performed the tweaks that were reccomended in the tweak post (The LOD_RADIUS tweak actually made edges disappear), but the megascenery is still blurry and takes a while to render. Being that this is photoreal is it normal for departure and approach to look very blurry? Also, a buddy of mine made a video where it looks lioke and he swears that megaceneryearth works together with ftx global as far as trees ad things. Can anyone confirm that. Again I have messed around with the fsx cfg as well as in game settings but cannot seem to make it look nicer/more realistic at dep and approach. Last,y for whatever reason my New York  2.0 has different shades. When I zoom out it looks like long island has diff shades broken into lines.

PC specs: Alienware aurora R4, i7  3280 @ 3.6ghz Overclocked to 4.3Ghz, gtx 660, 8gb ram, 1TB space, FSX Accelaration.

Thanks

Zack.

#2 Dean (PC Aviator)

Dean (PC Aviator)

Administrator, PC Aviator Manager

• Administrators
  • 2,641 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:11 PM

Zack,

If you could post a screenshot of what you are seeing at say 2000 feet, that would be good.

When you are below about 1250ft, the scenery will get blurrier. This is quite normal. Its the same as if you zoom into a digital photo on your PC. The further you zoom in, the blurrier things get. The same principle applies to FSX photoscenery.

Re MSE working together with FTX Global... I haven't heard of it being done successfully. Not showing both appearing in the exact same area. Is this video available online?

On the subject of NY... this is perhaps the least consistent state for photoscenery source files we have. Long Island does have banding and there is a mix of photo sources used for that state. We are waiting for better sources to becomne available for NY, and once they do, all existing customers will get a free upgrade to the newer scenery. A time frame I cannot give as the taking of the photos is out of our hands completely.

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

Manager - PC Aviator Australia
The Flight Simulation Company!
Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories
We ship worldwide with FAST dispatch!
Online Store: http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store
[Facebook] [Twitter] [Blog] [Scoop.it] [YouTube] [Google+]

#3 Zackrampage

Zackrampage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:18 AM

Dean,

I'll take a screenshot soon. Another thing is i followed every tip on the forums and on the megasceneryearth website, but blurries at high altitudes are not dissappearing instantly they take a few seconds from looking at them.

Here is the video where my friend claimed ftx global worked with megascenery earth

#4 Dean (PC Aviator)

Dean (PC Aviator)

Administrator, PC Aviator Manager

• Administrators
  • 2,641 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:38 AM

Zack,

That's a very interesting video... I wonder if he really has FTX Global, or if it is some kind of autogen add-on like OpenVFR that might be being used instead? It is hard to tell from the video alone.

Re the blurries... again send me screenshots when you can or post them here and we can help further. Naturally, with any photoscenery, you don't see the full-res image immediately...it kind of resolves itself in steps. This is normal for all FSX ground textures but becomes more noticeable with photoreal scenery in particular. But with screenshots, we can at least tell if your settings are showing you the fully-resolved texture tiles or not. If not, its settings that need to be changed to fix it.

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

Manager - PC Aviator Australia
The Flight Simulation Company!
Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories
We ship worldwide with FAST dispatch!
Online Store: http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store
[Facebook] [Twitter] [Blog] [Scoop.it] [YouTube] [Google+]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: megasceneryearth, newyork, florida

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users