10 replies to this topic

#1 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:48 PM

Aerosoft has announced an update of this product to v1.3.

I bought it a month ago from PCA Aust. I have checked my Aerosoft Launcher and found that I have v1.2.

Is this a SP or a completely new install?

If the latter, is the download version on the PCA Aust site v1.3 yet?

However, a warning. The Aerosoft Forum has a trail of posts about someone saying that FSDT's GSX does not work after v1.3 is installed. There is a discussion of "why" and what can be done to fix the problem.

#2 Dean (PC Aviator)

Dean (PC Aviator)

Administrator, PC Aviator Manager

• Administrators
  • 2,641 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:20 PM

Gary, We have v1.3 on our servers now. It will need to be re-downloaded to get the latest version.

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

Manager - PC Aviator Australia
The Flight Simulation Company!
Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories
We ship worldwide with FAST dispatch!
Online Store: http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store
[Facebook] [Twitter] [Blog] [Scoop.it] [YouTube] [Google+]

#3 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:33 AM

On checking my Aerosoft Launcher in the course of looking at Rono's Dangerous Airports query, I noticed that I still have v1.02 of Oslo installed and that the current version is now v1.04.

Is v1.04 the version currently available for download from PCA Aust?

#4 Dean (PC Aviator)

Dean (PC Aviator)

• Administrators
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:19 AM

Gary, We downloaded an updated file last month, but that version still shows v1.02.

Do you know how recent this v1.04 is supposed to be? Is there a release date shown for v1.04 in the launcher?

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

#5 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:50 PM

The story of v1.04 seems to be a big question-mark.

Whilst the Aerosoft Launcher is telling me that v1.04 is the new version I need to update to, there is no mention of it in the Releases and Updates section of the Aerosoft Forum.

However, it is mentioned in posts from February to May 2014 in other parts of the Aerosoft Forum, at least one of which posters said they were no aware of v1.04 until reading the thread.

My post #1 here mentioned a problem which appeared to have been identified with v1.03. The Aerosoft Forum posts mentioned what v1.04 has done in relation to v1.03.

One of the posters on Aerosoft was Robains of our Forum. On both the Aerosoft and Sim720 forums, he mentions v1.04. Perhaps, he can come in here and help us out. On the Aerosoft Forum, he was reporting shimmering textures with v1.04 and said that he was uninstalling it and going all the way back to v1.01.

I think that I will stick with my v1.02.

Comparing Dean's post #3 and #2, does that mean that what is available at PCA Aust has gone back from v1.03 to v1.02?

#6 Dean (PC Aviator)

Dean (PC Aviator)

• Administrators
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:09 PM

Gary,

It's possible Aerosoft put the distributable version back to v1.02 last month when we got the latest file update off their server. Bit tricky to say as I only keep the latest files on my backup media and overwrite what was there previously. Maybe Robains can add some info here. He might have been testing v1,04 update and this was not yet released to the public perhaps? Just speculating here.

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

#7 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:40 PM

In the absence of hearing from Robains, it might throw some light on the problem to know that in the past week multiple posters on the Aerosoft Forum have said that the Aerosoft Launcher was saying that there is an update for multiple products when there is none. The Administrators say the problem is now fixed. Despite that, I am getting the same message about Oslo and, like another poster there, being told that I have Lisbon version 2.0 but that version 2.01 is available

#8 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:18 AM

Aerosoft has announced on its Forum that Oslo has now been upgraded to v1.06.

This is of direct interest to me and others who bought Orbx's Norway because one of the update changes is to make Oslo compatible with Orbx Norway.

I had bought Orbx Norway but because of what I had read about problems being experienced by owners of various Aerosoft airports in Norway when they installed Orbx Norway, I decided not to install it until Orbx made it compatible with third-party add-on airports or Aerosoft undertook a similar exercise. I thought that, morally, the obligation ought to be on Orbx, not Aerosoft, as the Orbx product was released knowing that there were already airports by a major publisher. Thus, I was somewhat amused to hear the inconsistent complaints when Taxi2Gate recently released Seattle-Tacoma and when it was found to be initially incompatible with the Orbx PNW Region -  the cry went up that Taxi2Gate should have ensured compatibility with a pre-existing major product of another publisher. 

Anyway, this is one of two Norway airport updates by Aerosoft (the other is Tromso).

After those two, there are four others (Trondheim Vaernes, Torp-Sandefjord, Stavanger and Bergen), which I also bought from PCA Aust, needing to be compatibility updated before I intend to install Norway. I prefer to have properly operating airports rather than a Region better than FSX Default but attracting problems with my airports there.

Can Dean tell us if the Oslo version at PCA Aust is now v 1.06 or when it is updated to that version?

Gary

#9 Dean (PC Aviator)

Dean (PC Aviator)

• Administrators
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:18 PM

Oslo has been updated and we should have the latest version on the server, date-stamped 12th June 2015.

Aerosoft-MegaAirport-Oslo-v2-PCAviator.j

Click Above to Buy Mega Airport Oslo 

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

#10 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:32 PM

Further to the second-last paragraph of my post #8, Holger Sandmann posted on the FTX/Orbx forum on 15 June:

"I've also recently tested Beta versions of Jo Erlend's compatibility patches for his Bergen, Stavanger, and Tromso add-ons so they should become available soon as well."

Gary

#11 Gartro

Gartro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 12:40 PM

To update my previous post, Bergen has been updated.

It was announced on the Aerosoft Forum yesterday that Bergen has been updated to v  1.02.

Details given there are:

"Bergen X has been updated to version 1.02

1.00       Release

1.01       Fixed

- Misaligned left and right PAPI for runway 17.

- Flickering runway lights (P3Dv2.2 only!)

- Flickering Night flood lights on ground polygon.

1.02    Photoreal adjusted for FTX Norway

Installer now supports FSX, P3D v2 and FSX:SE"

Gary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users