XCLTM3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationYSSY

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:55 PM

Hi Dean,

have you had any opportunity to get your hands on the above aircraft and fly it around?

I've been umming & arring about this product for a couple of months now, and need a no bs review of it before I might purchase it.

(nb: I've read the reviews at avsim.com & flightsim.com)

Rgds,

Steve

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

#2 Dean (PC Aviator)

Dean (PC Aviator)

Administrator, PC Aviator Manager

• Administrators
  • 2,641 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:48 AM

Steve,

Its not too bad... but I have read that the Wilco TBM 850 model is superior in terms of systems modelling and functionality etc. Worth taking a look at the Wilco model too and comparing.

• XCLTM3 likes this

pcaemailsmall.jpg

Dean Bielanowski

Manager - PC Aviator Australia
The Flight Simulation Company!
Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories
We ship worldwide with FAST dispatch!
Online Store: http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store
[Facebook] [Twitter] [Blog] [Scoop.it] [YouTube] [Google+]

#3 XCLTM3

XCLTM3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationYSSY

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:22 PM

Thanks Dean.

I'll take a look.

I definitely need a non-default fsx prop to go "low & slow"....but would love a PMDG quality one (don't want their B1900 or J41 - need something a little smaller).

Much appreciated.

Rgds,

Steve

#4 XCLTM3

XCLTM3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationYSSY

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:30 AM

Just checking in....

Dean, thanks for the heads-up about Wilco's TBM850.

I googled reviews on both aircraft (ie Wilco & Carenado) - there were plenty of pro's & con's for each.

Although, it seemed many were more disappointed with Wilco's version for a number of reasons - and as I have had "some" experience with the poor quality of some of their releases in the distant past - therefore

I went with the Carenado TBM850 (and naturally, purchased via PC Aviator!).

I was just looking for a nice little aircraft to go "low & slow" for a change as I have always flown the medium to heavies.

Talk about slowing down a little to smell the roses (ie it's not about the destination, but the journey) - fantastic!

The scenery FTX Australia - I've been coasting around the east coast and loving it. Despite the fact that the TBM850 can really "fly" with some gusto - I've chosen to slow her down a bit and take in the scenery.

Mind you, for the most part - the Carenado TBM850 has most details I wanted in an aircraft in it's class - and the visuals are spectacular! From the cockpit to the exterior, it's superb.

The inner systems are good too - so I'm going to do some more extensive touring around FTX Australia for the weeks ahead.

After that, it'll be off to FTX Northern California - that should be good too.

I guess though, it won't be quite as good as MegaScenery CA (yes Dean, I've seen your screenshots!), but it'll do.

Cheers!

Rgds,

Steve

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carenado, TBM850, review, purchase

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users